JL Park Sensor Adjustment

jeff7890

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
I seem to be one of the lucky ones who cannot get the park sensor while in reverse to turn off. Yes, I am aware that due to the larger tire I may run into this. I have tried the Rough Country spare tire re-locator and it still goes off.. My specs are 20x10 spare -25 offset 4.52 back spacing. Nitto 35x11.5x20 ridge grappler. Currently Mopar OEM hinge brace, Mopar OEM relocation bracket and Mopar third brake light relocation. This would be my desired set up if I could get the sensors to turn off.
The issue I am seeing is that the center sensors are angled up directly at the spare. Is there a trim ring that can be replaced to angle them down or even level?

In a related note, once and a while as the rear sensors are beeping in reverse I then put into drive the beeping continues. Then, if I stop and reverse I get dulling beeps. The improper beeping can be silenced if the audio unit is powered off. Although if you turn it right back on the beep is still there. Let me tell you there is nothing worse. The two times so far this has happened it has gone away on it's own after being shut off for 4 hours, which is scary to think, but I was able to capture the experience on video the second time.

Due to the fact when the car arrives at the dealer not making the concern you are looked at as a crazy person.

Has anyone actually had this concern and had an actual fix from a Jeep dealer?
Sponsored