Sponsored

JL Package Protected for 35s

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
I read that the JL will automatically compensate/reprogram for 35 inch tires. Do we know if this is true for larger sizes as well, for example 37-40s?

Previously you needed an AEV Procal or Superchips Flashcal to achieve this. I'm assuming you will still need one to recalculate a regear. If not, that would be great.
Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I read that the JL will automatically compensate/reprogram for 35 inch tires. Do we know if this is true for larger sizes as well, for example 37-40s?

Previously you needed an AEV Procal or Superchips Flashcal to achieve this. I'm assuming you will still need one to recalculate a regear. If not, that would be great.
I know someone quoted someone from the L.A. auto show that the JL will automatically adjust for 35s, but there's nothing about this feature in the owner's manual.

OP
OP
Carlton_Banks

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
It would be a great feature if it recalculated everything itself but probably unlikely.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I remember them specifically saying if you slap 35’s on a Rubi. Nothing else is needed. No lift, no fenders, no recalculation.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how can it automatically adjust? Cant be weight since various 35s are all over the scale, could be something to do with the height i guess. Revolutions (360 tire rotation) vs speed could also trigger it to auto cal I guess up to a 35....but I dont see how that would work either since thats the exact reason you need a cal tool.

Or does automatic possibly imply that you just adjust a setting in the dash, no calibration/calibration tool needed?

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I find it hard to believe it can calibrate itself.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I'm skeptical that it can auto calibrate to a larger tire.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I assumed there is a function you can engage to tell the system that you've switched to 35's and it had the ability to adjust for that. I can't see it automatically sensing the tire swap.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Entering the exact measured height of the tire, mounted on the Jeep with it's normal load on it, would be the way to go.

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
I assumed there is a function you can engage to tell the system that you've switched to 35's and it had the ability to adjust for that. I can't see it automatically sensing the tire swap.
I suppose if you had the built in GPS it could 'talk' to the speedo computer and this could calibrate it to the larger tires.

Sponsored

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It would be a great feature if it recalculated everything itself but probably unlikely.
I remember them specifically saying if you slap 35’s on a Rubi. Nothing else is needed. No lift, no fenders, no recalculation.
I find it hard to believe it can calibrate itself.
I'm skeptical that it can auto calibrate to a larger tire.
Yes, that's what Jeep told us when we asked at the LA Auto Show debut -- read the full FAQ here. That computers will compensate. We did not delve into how it does so exactly, however.

OP
OP
Carlton_Banks

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Yes, that's what Jeep told us when we asked at the LA Auto Show debut -- read the full FAQ here. That computers will compensate. We did not delve into how it does so exactly, however.
Any idea if this is true for 37-40 inch tires as well or if it can calculate ring and pinion gear swaps?