Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
My GSD, Katy, is the current world shedding champion. She's never ridden in my Jeep, yet her hair is all over it. I had another GSD named Ranger. He died and 3 years later i sold my Jeep Commander, GSD fur still in it. Couldn't get it out. The solution....i switched to Dobermans! Haha. I still have Katy though, she just can't come in the Jeep...or the boat.
Sponsored

cjumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thanks cjumper. I have a Dane and Shepherd X so it's a little too tight for them in the back with the seats up. I found the dimensions of the liner on the K&H website so will measure tomorrow and see. Price here in Canada is also very attractive so would be nice if it works.

IMG_0261.JPG
That seems to be a typical pattern for a variety of cargo covers. I think for the JLU, that layout is the key regardless of which brand you get.
Another issue that I have noticed is that freedom panels off or even back windows open makes hair blow around. I find hair on my dash after riding with everything open. Cleaning the cargo cover frequently helps with that. The rubber-backed canvas type is really easy to hose off and dry.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I need a liner for the rear seats down. (I'm even thinking about taking them out because room for the dogs > people. ;)) Does anyone have any experience with any of these liners and running with the top down and/or doors off? Does the liner stay in place or does it billow and flap all over so I'll need take it out whenever I run naked?

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My GSD, Katy, is the current world shedding champion. She's never ridden in my Jeep, yet her hair is all over it. I had another GSD named Ranger. He died and 3 years later i sold my Jeep Commander, GSD fur still in it. Couldn't get it out. The solution....i switched to Dobermans! Haha. I still have Katy though, she just can't come in the Jeep...or the boat.
I bet Katy is not happy on being left behind. I have 3 GSDs, they love to ride, consider getting the BedTred rubber molded floor covering. It replaces the carpet, dog hair can't get a grip.
Wipe down seat covers, and the whole " family" is good to go

cjumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
This is an interesting concept: A zipline with a leash for the back seat: https://www.extremeterrain.com/pet-zipline-leash-j102402.html. I guess it would work in the rear also. Anybody had any experience with this?

My current backseat harness rig is pretty restrictive. It's secure, but my pup can't get comfortable for anything but a short ride.

Sponsored

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my JLU and this K&H Pet Products Economy Cargo Cover. $17.77 on Amazon (the cargo cover, not the JLU). Couldn't ask for a better fit. Our dog has orange hair that sticks to everything but the dog. So far, the cover has kept the hair off the carpet. Can't beat the price.

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg

I bought this same one off Amazon after seeing your post! It fits perfectly, thank you!

20190706_203132.jpg

We picked up two dog beds from Sam's Club as well, the dogs like to lay down when we are towards the end of the trail.

I have a 2nd cover to use when the seats are down, this one came in faster so we are using it 1st.