Sponsored

JL owners with dogs

Diesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
I notice there is a lot of carpeting in the rear. I was wondering those with dogs, especially furry ones like German shepherds, have any issue with the wet dog smell? I've been waiting for the JL since 2015 but with dogs, I'm reconsidering and getting a short bed Toyota Tacoma to partition myself and the dogs during messy trips. I feel the JL truck may be too long. Thoughts?
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Don’t put your dogs in the back of a pickup it will end badly even with a shell it’s hot an noisy think about how acute your dogs hearing is you wouldn’t want your head inakettle drum right? You car get a divider for the jeep line the back with any number of removable washable linens shedding will be a bigger problem anyway I have a Golden retriever and a Bernese mtn dog my Bernese sheds medium sized animals

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the Dirty Dog 4x4 Parts stuff. They have cargo area protectors and hammocks for dogs. I haven't got one yet but its on the list. They look robust and have a good looking divider.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m waiting for a full sized cargo tray for spills and to contain my dog. I’m also waiting for the bartac rear seat covers. That material is much easier to get dog hair off of compared to the cloth seats. Another thing I want to get is the bedtred floor liners. Carpet is a dog owners enemy.

Sponsored

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I have a white GSD. I love my dog but in the future I’ll get a golden doodle for that shed free life... anyways, he has only gotten in once being wet and muddy and the smell didn’t linger around. If it’s nice out all windows are open including the back window. I have a backseat hammock from my old car and it extends from the rear headrests to the swing out door to collect most hair. I wanted him to be at least one row away from me because in my old car he would sit directly behind me and pant in my ear the entire trip. The options were down to the 4Runner and the JLU, this summer I’ll find out if I picked the right choice :)

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Last edited:

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
I’m in the same boat as you. After looking at the canvasback that protects the sides, the bottom and the back of the seat, I’ve decided I am going to make something like that with a fake leather material. And by make, i mean the wife is going to make it. The material is inexpensive and will allow it to easily cleaned with a wet cloth. We are also going to throw a bed back there for the bottom so he isn’t on the hot pleather in the summer if we have the top down. Haven’t got the JLU yet so not exactly sure what will hold the sides up but shouldn’t be difficult to figure out. Either some adhesive backed Velcro or some sort of straps. Will know more about that once we actually get the Jeep. We were going to use one of the rear seat hammocks since we already have one for the wife’s current car but rather him not be jumping in and out the side door and potentially scratching the paint with his nails.

A12EEBD6-6CE5-40A4-902D-160BC1A43ACF.jpeg
Sponsored