Sponsored

JL owners with dogs

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Our 1 year old Pit's first time on a hard trail. She was fine until we got into some hard rocks and steep ledges. We had her in the back with the kids but she still kept freaking out. My other 10 year old pit doesn't have issues with hard trails. Any suggestions on giving her a better time? we had her buckled in to a harness but she would try and fight it.

6aLDubv.jpg

m6mnXrW.jpg

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Mr Lee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Our 1 year old Pit's first time on a hard trail. She was fine until we got into some hard rocks and steep ledges. We had her in the back with the kids but she still kept freaking out. My other 10 year old pit doesn't have issues with hard trails. Any suggestions on giving her a better time? we had her buckled in to a harness but she would try and fight it.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL owners with dogs Carli-Jeep3

Jeep Wrangler JL JL owners with dogs Carli-Jeep3
Have a hand full of small treats ready. When she starts to freak out let your kids give her them slowly one by one. It will divert her attention away and associate hard trails with treat time.

Sponsored

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've got the back seat and cargo area covered but the dog still drools all over the plastic and speaker covers. If I don't wipe it down the same day it is really hard to get out. Any good ideas on drool removers?

Mojo1.jpg

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
D'ya ever wonder about dogs sense of smell?

I read that scientists think dogs have somewhere around 10,000 to 100,000 times more acute ability to detect scents than humans. Apparently, their noses have as many as 300 million receptors vs a human's nose with only 6 million receptors.

So, my pointer can smell a pheasant sitting in the brush from over 100 yards, if the wind is right. Hounds can track the footprints of an escaped prisoner or a racoon across a county. Bomb sniffing dogs can find a bomb in a airlne suitcase of dirty laundry. Some dogs are trained to sniff out cancer in patients. Rescue dogs are used to find people trapped in earthquake rubble.

So why is it that they need to stick their nose right up another dog's ass to greet them? Hell, I can smell my dog's ass from the front seat of my jeep when he's in the back. And why do they need to stick their nose right on a pile of dog crap? I can smell a pile of dog shit from 15 yards if the wind is right. Y'ever wonder about this?🤔 It's kinda like the eighth wonder of the world.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Had 3 Goldens at one point. Dog hair? No problem. I have a wonderful brush made by Fritze, in Germany. It has metal bristles. It takes very little time to brush up the hair.

I also have a no-name vacuum tool. It has a velcro strip on it. Push the tool ahead (on rug, with the vacuum on) and it picks up the hair. Pull it back and the hair comes off and is sucked up by the vacuum. Only disadvantage is that it doesn't work on curved surfaces. There's no name on it to refer you to.

Pilot007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008Liberty2019JlWrangler
I took the seat right out and made a 2 part plywood subfloor to cover the trench. I then made a plastic mat to fit over it. It gives him just enough traction and wipes clean. The carpet on the vertical surfaces gets covered in fur but does not hold the 'wet dog smell'. Short trips with the puppy- My experience is that if you take your puppy with you everywhere they will go anywhere with you as a full grown dog.

tempImageITLun1.png

IMG_7436 2.jpg

tempImageodYa7t.png

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I have a shepherds, white husky, lab and a Heinze 57 variety tank, we put the back seats down and a weather tech cargo area mat in the back with a movers blanket. when the dogs come out we take out the movers blanket, give it a few shakes and we are ready for the next go round.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I have the CanvasBack liner under the DirtyDog4x4 shell, along with DirtyDog4x4 netting. Works great so far under the hard top, we'll see how it is this summer with only the SunShade up.

TitanJeep.JPG

TitanJeep2.jpg

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
By far the best stuff ever For leather. I apply it about once a year. Slobber cleans up without etching the leather. For the plastic I use Optimum Superclean to clean it then coat it with 303 aerospace protectant.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL owners with dogs B3EFB49D-411C-487A-BD65-D2FBDEF977F1

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I've got the back seat and cargo area covered but the dog still drools all over the plastic and speaker covers. If I don't wipe it down the same day it is really hard to get out. Any good ideas on drool removers?

Jeep Wrangler JL JL owners with dogs BCAF3C2E-0B83-4974-B3DF-8262166C5716
personally, I'd go with pre-drool protection. I'd ArmorAll the heck out of all plastics!
Sponsored