Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate all the suggestions in this thread... wound up going with the Canvasback + DirtyDog (net and liner). The Canvasback stays in full time and is great for general cargo area protection (skiing, biking, hauling). Great construction and easy access to D-rings and the cargo storage. But the DirtyDog liner pops in and out pretty quickly, and the extra protection and higher sides are perfect for wet/muddy pups and protect the hard plastic from claws. Also like how the higher wall up against the front seats discourages the pups from jumping over without requiring a full separation net, AND (even though it isn't mentioned in the manual) much of the DirtyDog liner can just attach to the net rather than require fastening in new hardware.

Just had a test run and the pack seemed to approve.

69042283_10219913686890978_4013562503349927936_o.jpg

69015415_10219914448710023_3050232503139827712_o.jpg

68503619_10219914451310088_9135003960912904192_o.jpg

68786967_10219916870010554_2965857192005074944_o.jpg

... didn't intend for the Jeep to match the pups, but it's a fun coincidence.

LRM_EXPORT_11809512660859_20190819_212837776.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
@jconli1 looks good!

I recently got the dirtydog net and it looks great but they didn’t have the parts in to secure the back bar so I haven’t tested it fully and it’s been raining a lot here now so I have to wait but... without the back bar on, my dog looked so sad under the net. 90lb GSD and he loves looking around and the net gave him no room so I’m thinking of getting the liner to provide more room. Does the liner secure to the back seats at all? I frequently ride around with the tops/doors off and am curious if it will flap around in the wind. And i have a sport so if I get the liner then I need to get the parts to cover the gaping hole in the back area when the seat is down to prevent broken dog legs.

jconli1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
looks good!
I recently got the dirtydog net and it looks great but they didn’t have the parts in to secure the back bar...
Do you have a hardtop? Otherwise not sure what you mean... mine came with a two-piece bar that just attaches to rear soft-top bar mount. When the top is up, I just leave the bar resting slightly in front of there on the plastic, still doesn't flop around.

he loves looking around and the net gave him no room so I’m thinking of getting the liner to provide more room. Does the liner secure to the back seats at all? I frequently ride around with the tops/doors off and am curious if it will flap around in the wind. And i have a sport so if I get the liner then I need to get the parts to cover the gaping hole in the back area when the seat is down to prevent broken dog legs.
No room because of the rear slant? With the rear seats down, our 3 pups (all about 60-70lb) fit fine back there. They figured out pretty quickly the back was for lying down, or if they wanted to stand they could walk forward. The Canvasback and Dirtydog liner both seem to provide enough firmness at the seat gap, no need for further reinforcement (though both together works even better).

Our pups tend to get jumpy around other dogs they see, so the rear doors stay on even though the liner has a fairly high sill. The liner has flaps that you are supposed to secure to clips that attach to the body/tub to keep it in place and taut - but some of those are already used for the net. I found those flaps very easily and securely attach to the net itself and seem solid.

The DirtyDog liner secures to the front seat headrests (actually with the exact same type of bar that secures the net to the back), but also has loops sewn in if you want to put the rear seats upright and basically fold the liner in half.

Hope that helps.

Sponsored

Cure4Jen

First Name
Jen & Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
With the Soft Top factory “Deep Tint” Windows... is this the same impact as in a hardtop? My black goldador service dog runs hot, and loves cross training and playing in the water... he has been comfortably protected from sun heat in my ‘07 Xterra with tinted Windows, we pick up our JL sport s soft top base tomorrow!
Thanks!

Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Going to teach my dogs to do this: