Sponsored

JL Owners: Is your view of the top of your gauge cluster "cutoff" in your driving position?

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
100% yes. I'm 6'1" tall and due to a previous neck injury I have to sit straight up and down, so I can't ride laid back lambo style.
And I don't like driving with the seat lowered because it restricts your view of close-in obstacles when off road. I suppose I could raise the seat when on trail but that's too much work. ;-)
Sponsored

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

I am 6'2". In my 2018, with the seat down against the stops, I cannot read the top row of the electronic display. In a 2019 or later, I can - in fact I have to adjust those seats *up* a bit to get to an optimal driving position. I know this because when I was traveling a lot (pre-COVID), I would get a Wrangler as a rental car whenever I could. And I finally went to my dealer and the allowed me to sit in a 2018 and 2019 and make a direct comparison with everything otherwise the same.

So - your reply to this question can depend on when your JL was made.
Obviously we can't see into the future, but had I known about that change, I would have waited. *smile*

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I am 6'2". In my 2018, with the seat down against the stops, I cannot read the top row of the electronic display. In a 2019 or later, I can - in fact I have to adjust those seats *up* a bit to get to an optimal driving position. I know this because when I was traveling a lot (pre-COVID), I would get a Wrangler as a rental car whenever I could. And I finally went to my dealer and the allowed me to sit in a 2018 and 2019 and make a direct comparison with everything otherwise the same.

So - your reply to this question can depend on when your JL was made.
Obviously we can't see into the future, but had I known about that change, I would have waited. *smile*
Hmm... I have a 2019 2 door. IIRC built in April.

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'm 6'4" and I have no problem seeing the entire instrument cluster. I drop the seat all the way down and I recline the seat back a fair amount. That position is comfortable for me because I have had to do that for most of the vehiclesI have owned for the last 49 years.

Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
6'2" no problem whatsoever

smw89

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
I'm about two years late to this one but I'm 6' even and I like sitting very upright. The top of the dash cuts off about a quarter or half inch of the cluster screen and the gauges. It's a small thing that shouldn't bother me but I hate having to like crouch down to read everything. I wish there was an aftermarket dash panel that was recessed just a bit to allow full visibility.

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
6’0. Top edge is blocked. I like to sit high.
This 👆

6’1” and I sit a little high, I can’t see the tops of the speedo and tach, the engineers could have tilted them about 5 to 10 degrees up, not a big deal, but slightly annoying 🙄
Sponsored