OP
ImAJeepskate

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
Just curious, why did you bring your Jeep to a tire place for rotation? If I'm not mistaken, tire rotations are included when you take in your Jeep for an oil change through the Jeep Wave program.
I go to school in an area where the nearest dealership is more then 50 miles away. And i'm not going to sit around for 4-5 hours while they push back the service appointment.
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I removed my backup camera cover, disconnected my brake light (have the CHMSL kit), before we go to Discount tire for new tires. If I can change and balance tires myself, I will avoid them.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Oil changes, tire rotations and even differential oil changes on the JL are embarrassingly easy. Give it a try and avoid crappy service and screw ups.

How easy is it? Before buying the JL, I barely knew how to operate a screwdriver.. No issues doing this maintenance on my own (among lots of mods too!)
So with my extreme shoulder arthritis in my shoulders it should be easy? Don't speak for everyone.

I'm surprised someone hasn't said it sounds like what a Jeep dealer tech would do.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I can’t speak for op, but every dealer I checked with in my area wants me to leave Jeep all day for Wave free oil change/rotation. Loaner may be available. First come first serve. Can’t be bothered. I do it myself. I installed a fumoto valve, don’t even need a wrench for that anymore.
My Dealer north of Boston, Kelly Jeep did the work, oil and rotate, while I waited. Took less than 20 minutes.

Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
So with my extreme shoulder arthritis in my shoulders it should be easy? Don't speak for everyone.

I'm surprised someone hasn't said it sounds like what a Jeep dealer tech would do.
You’re absolutely right and point taken. If you were near by I’d be happy to change your oil for you to avoid letting a stealership touch it! :beer: :fist bump:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You’re absolutely right and point taken. If you were near by I’d be happy to change your oil for you to avoid letting a stealership touch it! :beer: :fist bump:
Deal if you buy the oil and filter. :)

Sidhu

First Name
Amandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon jl 2019,Audi A7,toyota highlander hybrid limited
Two oil changes and two rotates each year for two years
we didn't get free oil change in canada.i have 2019 rubi i talk about that with delearship guy but they said no we have to pay for every oil change.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
we didn't get free oil change in canada.i have 2019 rubi i talk about that with delearship guy but they said no we have to pay for every oil change.
Must just be a U.S. Program

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just curious, why did you bring your Jeep to a tire place for rotation? If I'm not mistaken, tire rotations are included when you take in your Jeep for an oil change through the Jeep Wave program.
Some dealership techs are not much smarter than this tire monkey. I'll change my own oil and do my own rotations. Nobody treats your vehicle like you would.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I took mine off before I had them rotate my wheels just figured that they may have not seen the cover before and couldn't figure it out.
Sponsored