Sponsored

JL Overland Alarm Goes off on it's own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Overland 2.2 Diesel UK
I am from the UK, I have 2018 2.2 Diesel Overland (4dr).

When I use the key fob or the button on the door handle to lock the Jl, about a minute later the ALARM keeps going off. No matter how many times i try to unlock and re lock the car, it still happens.

The only way i can make it stop is by clicking lock 4 times on the fob, then I hear a double beep from the Wrangler and the alarm does not go off anymore.

Anyone else experienced this?

(This used to be intermittent, now it happens all the time, quite annoying to have to press lock 4 times).
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I read quite a few of the posts on here, and yours is the first I can recall with this problem. Sounds like a dealer visit is in your future.

Maciwt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
I am from the UK, I have 2018 2.2 Diesel Overland (4dr).

When I use the key fob or the button on the door handle to lock the Jl, about a minute later the ALARM keeps going off. No matter how many times i try to unlock and re lock the car, it still happens.

The only way i can make it stop is by clicking lock 4 times on the fob, then I hear a double beep from the Wrangler and the alarm does not go off anymore.

Anyone else experienced this?

(This used to be intermittent, now it happens all the time, quite annoying to have to press lock 4 times).
Hi Wrangler London,

I have a 2.0GME Rubicon that I picked up 26th Jan. It broke down, and would not start the same day. It was in the garage for 4 weeks. They fixed the won't start issue but had problems with the alarm going off. In the end they called the alarm company experts to look at it. I took the vehicle back as fixed, but after driving it for two days the alarm went off at 2am. Like yours it would not stop I reset it, it was quiet for 5 minutes and then would go off again. After 5 or 6 attempts I disconnected the battery to shut it up. I contacted Jeep again and they said I need to take it to the garage for them to confirm it has a fault. So today I reconnected the battery, took it for a long drive, parked it up and locked it. So far it's fine, no alarm. But last time it was fine for two days before I had an issue. I can't leave it locked and armed all night just in case it goes off again at 2am. I have read that locking it with the key does not set the alarm. where did you read about 4 clicks of the key fob or was that trial and error.

Can anyone confirm how to lock a UK spec JL without arming the alarm?

What is the latest update with your alarm issue?

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Hi Wrangler London,

I have a 2.0GME Rubicon that I picked up 26th Jan. It broke down, and would not start the same day. It was in the garage for 4 weeks. They fixed the won't start issue but had problems with the alarm going off. In the end they called the alarm company experts to look at it. I took the vehicle back as fixed, but after driving it for two days the alarm went off at 2am. Like yours it would not stop I reset it, it was quiet for 5 minutes and then would go off again. After 5 or 6 attempts I disconnected the battery to shut it up. I contacted Jeep again and they said I need to take it to the garage for them to confirm it has a fault. So today I reconnected the battery, took it for a long drive, parked it up and locked it. So far it's fine, no alarm. But last time it was fine for two days before I had an issue. I can't leave it locked and armed all night just in case it goes off again at 2am. I have read that locking it with the key does not set the alarm. where did you read about 4 clicks of the key fob or was that trial and error.

Reminds me of Clarkson with his Ford GT.
Maybe video it next time to show the dealer? I have also not read about this fault before either. Report back when and if you get a fix, just in case one of us gets the same thing.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Wrangler London,

If you unlock the door with the key and then lock with the key, the alarm should not arm. You mentioned locking with the key, but are you unlocking/locking?

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Yes, 4 clicks on the remote lock button (bleeps) locks the truck but doesn’t set/arm the alarm.

I needed to find out because my dogs were triggering the alarm.

Maciwt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks for the replies. I four clicked to lock last night and it was fine (for the neighbours). I shall leave it one click locked with the alarm set all day to see if I get a problem. Yes I will video it next time. I'm just hoping it was a one off thing. I'll call the dealer anyway today to see what they say. As for Clarksons Ford GT, it may well turn out to be the same. I need to check the build day stamp that I saw on Jeep Informants videos on YouTube to see if it's a Friday afternoon build!

markleigh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mark-leigh.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Overland 2.2 (March 19)
Occupation
Evil genius
Got my Overland 2.2 yesterday… managed to wake up the street four times between 3am and 5am...
Apparently a new sensor bracket is needed.
I wonder if it is something to do with dampness/ water as it was fine during the day - but went off when it was damp in the early hours - and stopped doing it as it became drier today.
Did the four click thing to stop it.
I'm sure I've seen a thread on this site… will try and re-locate it.

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Hi, Wrangler owner in Kent here. I own a JLU Sahara 2.0T and I have the same issue, however it is intermittent. Sometimes the alarm goes off other times it don’t. It has stopped doing it recently. It usually only does it shortly after locking the Jeep.

OP
OP
wranglerlondon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I diddnt think I would get any replies, at least I am not imagining it. I am going to book mine in for it to be looked at. Anyone have any luck with getting it looked at by a dealer?

Sponsored

markleigh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mark-leigh.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Evil genius
Car went to dealer on Monday and they diagnosed an over-sensitive alarm sensor that was being set off by the wind. They dialled this back (dealer has to do it) and tested it with an air line and it seems OK now. Given the wind strength lately I think the issue would have come up again by now. Keep us posted...

markleigh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mark-leigh.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Evil genius
Spoke too soon. Alarm went off at 3.30am and 3.45am... definitely not the wind as it had been armed and OK during really heavy gales beforehand.

markleigh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mark-leigh.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Evil genius
Car was in the dealer for four days. at first a faulty sensor was diagnosed. Then this was deemed OK - and instead they said the sensors were not fitted on the brackets properly. Got car back yesterday. All OK until today.. The alarm went off on its own twice! Have written to dealer asking them how i go about rejecting the vehicle.

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Interesting........

My JL Rubicon was picked up about 10 days ago, and I am now experiencing the same problems as mentioned in the thread.

I lock the doors with the button on the handle, and at some random time after this the alarm goes off.

I went to see the dealer today, who gives very good service and is receptive to my requests (long term customer).

Hooked the Jeep up and saw the activations.

It is a known problem, and he has logged a ticket with FCA UK.

Is this only happening to UK JL's?

Temporary work around, four clicks on the fob.....

OP
OP
wranglerlondon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update @Frontal ,

I have no idea what the action being able to do the 4 clicks original purpose was.

I was told twice by a Jeep Dealer, they could not find anything wrong, glad FCA UK will be aware soon.
Sponsored