Sponsored

JL Overland Alarm Goes off on it's own

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I apparently need 5 new alarm sensors and some foam... All on back order. There is also a software update for my stereo audio randomly not working
@ziggyniva,
We are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. If you would like us to look further into this for you, feel free to send our team a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

ziggyniva

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl unlimited
@ziggyniva,
We are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. If you would like us to look further into this for you, feel free to send our team a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for the offer, but so far the dealership in the UK have been great. Their hands are obviously died if their is a back order of parts.

Stephen

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for the offer, but so far the dealership in the UK have been great. Their hands are obviously died if their is a back order of parts.

Stephen
We certainly understand, Stephen. We are also happy to hear that you are receiving a high standard of service by your dealer.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Fab_Sig

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hi,
I picked up my 2020 JLU Rubicon on
20th March this year, and I am also getting the problem with the alarm sounding.
I will raise a case with Jeep Customer Services, however, now that my Dealership is closed due to the Pandemic, I think I may have to just live with the 4press solution for now. Very annoying !

Sponsored

Kilners85

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD68NXV
Hi everyone (first post here) so advice much appreciated.

I purchased my JL Overland last April from Jeep in Derby and have had multiple issues with it.

it has had 3 recalls (4th pending as notified by Horsham car centre once COVID19 passes) and the alarm has never worked.

I have had to switch it off with 4 clicks in the fob because it keeps going off. I took it to Battersea and the repair was unsuccessful. I also did not like the way I was treated and found the staff unprofessional. I took the vehicle to Horsham service centre (a 2 hour drive from central London).

The first night I returned home the alarm went off at 2am in the morning and now several days later the alarm has gone off again.

I rang Jeep explaining I bought a new car for hassle free driving and this has been pretty poor. I requested they extend the warranty for peace of mind and they have said no. I really feel concerned about the car and what will happen once the warranty expires. They advised me to take it up with the motor ombudsman if I am not happy.

Throughout dealing with the car I was requested to send a picture of my V5 in and noticed the model is listed as a JK. I was under the impression I had purchased the new model JL so another issue I am now asking FCA to look into. I really am sick of this and feel somewhat deflated. Every time I take the car and bring home a courtesy car I am paying 25 pounds a day for on street parking, nearly the same in Fuel and given some horrid little courtesy car as a replacement vehicle. This is not what I expected when I made the purchase. Has anybody else had these issues or have concerns about the relatability of the car long term?
Any advice much appreciated.

Paul uk

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Hi everyone (first post here) so advice much appreciated.

I purchased my JL Overland last April from Jeep in Derby and have had multiple issues with it.

it has had 3 recalls (4th pending as notified by Horsham car centre once COVID19 passes) and the alarm has never worked.

I have had to switch it off with 4 clicks in the fob because it keeps going off. I took it to Battersea and the repair was unsuccessful. I also did not like the way I was treated and found the staff unprofessional. I took the vehicle to Horsham service centre (a 2 hour drive from central London).

The first night I returned home the alarm went off at 2am in the morning and now several days later the alarm has gone off again.

I rang Jeep explaining I bought a new car for hassle free driving and this has been pretty poor. I requested they extend the warranty for peace of mind and they have said no. I really feel concerned about the car and what will happen once the warranty expires. They advised me to take it up with the motor ombudsman if I am not happy.

Throughout dealing with the car I was requested to send a picture of my V5 in and noticed the model is listed as a JK. I was under the impression I had purchased the new model JL so another issue I am now asking FCA to look into. I really am sick of this and feel somewhat deflated. Every time I take the car and bring home a courtesy car I am paying 25 pounds a day for on street parking, nearly the same in Fuel and given some horrid little courtesy car as a replacement vehicle. This is not what I expected when I made the purchase. Has anybody else had these issues or have concerns about the relatability of the car long term?
Any advice much appreciated.

I have the same issue with the alarm. My dealer has a new alarm system to install but due to Covid 19 fitting has been delayed. FYI the alarms are aftermarket fitted in the UK not the US spec ones. Mine only plays up in winter when its cold, so for now I'm OK. This is my 2nd Jeep, I had a new JK before this for 5 year's. Apart from the usual things like roof leaks, which have now been sorted on the JL they're good solid vehicles. With the Jeeps the dealers aren't great, but neither are Land Rover dealers, tbh I accept the quirkiness of the vehicle, if I wanted something more main stream I would have been bored with it by now. I hope this won't be my last Jeep, I love what it stands for!

IMG_0971 (1).jpeg

ali8086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I bought my JL Wrangler in Nov 2018 (UK).
I have had an issue with the alarm from the start. It was taken to the dealership and I was informed a part had to be ordered, but that there was a wait.

After few weeks wait and a day in the dealership it seemed to be ok for a while, but to be honest the alarm has always gone off more than it should.
Then a few weeks ago the alarm would not stop, went off about 40 times in one day, the only way to stop it was to lock the car with the physical key mechanism rather than the push button (ie not setting the alarm).

Back to the dealership, they said they had detected a problem and fixed it on the same day. Alarm went off again that night. It has since gone off 4 times in the last week. No wind, or bad weather to disturb it.

Obviously I have to back to the dealership again, I feel I am been fobbed off a little perhaps because I am female. Should I be stating something when I call to be taken a little more seriously. The dealership is in a different town to where I live or work so getting the car there is a problem in itself.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I bought my JL Wrangler in Nov 2018 (UK).
I have had an issue with the alarm from the start. It was taken to the dealership and I was informed a part had to be ordered, but that there was a wait.

After few weeks wait and a day in the dealership it seemed to be ok for a while, but to be honest the alarm has always gone off more than it should.
Then a few weeks ago the alarm would not stop, went off about 40 times in one day, the only way to stop it was to lock the car with the physical key mechanism rather than the push button (ie not setting the alarm).

Back to the dealership, they said they had detected a problem and fixed it on the same day. Alarm went off again that night. It has since gone off 4 times in the last week. No wind, or bad weather to disturb it.

Obviously I have to back to the dealership again, I feel I am been fobbed off a little perhaps because I am female. Should I be stating something when I call to be taken a little more seriously. The dealership is in a different town to where I live or work so getting the car there is a problem in itself.
Be sure to verify all of your fuses and relays are fully seated in place. Many have reported electronic and electrical issues that were fixed after finding loose fuses. Plus this is a free and easy troubleshooting technique to try.

Baldydj1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Yes, 4 clicks on the remote lock button (bleeps) locks the truck but doesnā€™t set/arm the alarm.

I needed to find out because my dogs were triggering the alarm.
Hi There , If you press key fob 4 times the alarm is still armed , just sensors inside are disarmed (for when hard top is off) there is an update at main dealers to make internal sensors less sensitive, i had same problem in my 2.2d JLU sahara.
hope this helps

Sponsored

wranglerin

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Rubicon
Hi folks, I know this thread is years old now but I've found it after some desperate Googling. Having the exact same problem with my Wrangler and I'm getting tired of the alarm going off at 4am and having neighbours annoyed with me, and not being able to get back to sleep, and so on.

Does the 4 clicks on the fob thing actually work? Like the alarm won't go off at all? Until I can get to a dealership I'd take a full nights sleep over any potential damage to my car (I live in a flat, private parking and CCTV and well lit neighbourhood etc) So if 4 clicks will stop any sound coming from my Wrangler I'm all for it.

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, BMW M5 E34
Old thread but still relevent

Does the 4 clicks on the fob thing actually work?
I believe the 4 presses (5 in total) disables the interior/motion sensors.

I had this issue before on a JL but that also had this and also previously on two Grand Cherokees and the 4 presses became the norm, bit of a pain but it does allow for a decent sleep.

Anyway, back on point, I've had this particular car for a few months now and the alarm has only really started going off this week but its getting pretty consistant now, as in either within a few minutes of locking or around a few hours later and up until this last week, its been completely fine.
The thing this time is that I am also having ESS issues and I'm suspecting that the battery or batteries are the cause there (was previously in and after charging the batteries, the ESS worked).

So it will be interesting to see if after I replace the car batteries, the alarm issue also disappears...
Sponsored