JL Overland Alarm Goes off on it's own

AlbertDimas2q

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Does anyone have an update to this issue? My wife and I have a 2019 Jeep Unlimited Sahara that has an alarm going off randomly between 3-5 in the morning. We have security cameras and nothing is around the Jeep to set it off. We are in the Los Angeles, California.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Does anyone have an update to this issue? My wife and I have a 2019 Jeep Unlimited Sahara that has an alarm going off randomly between 3-5 in the morning. We have security cameras and nothing is around the Jeep to set it off. We are in the Los Angeles, California.
Good Morning Albert,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, we'd be happy to offer additional assistance to your service visit. Our team is available via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

Paul uk

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Hi. Another owner from the UK with the same issue. I had it on my JK also. Will be booking it in with my dealer soon.

Mr_nico

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0T 2019
+1 for this issue on UK JL Sahara, no wind, no folded seats and nothing in the car, fires up the alarm around 1 minute from locking the doors randomly.

ziggyniva

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl unlimited
Hi all,

New to wrangler ownership having taken delivery of a JL unlimited in Punk'n a few weeks ago. Looks like I'm the latest to be effected with alarm issues. Can someone confirm what each press should do on A UK wrangler before I give the dealer a call.

Thank you in advance

Ziggy

Sponsored

markleigh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mark-leigh.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Overland 2.2 (March 19)
Occupation
Evil genius
Hi all,

New to wrangler ownership having taken delivery of a JL unlimited in Punk'n a few weeks ago. Looks like I'm the latest to be effected with alarm issues. Can someone confirm what each press should do on A UK wrangler before I give the dealer a call.

Thank you in advance

Ziggy
Only aware about pressing once to lock the car and set the alarm - and pressing four times to just lock the car without setting the alarm. Recently had 'alarm' light glow red when I started the car and stay lit for 20 seconds (it should go off right away when you unlock the car). Back to dealer.
Again.
They said it signified that one of the sensors wasn't communicating with the controller.
Reset and light is now extinguished.
There was i thinking that all the alarm issue were behind me...

ziggyniva

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only aware about pressing once to lock the car and set the alarm - and pressing four times to just lock the car without setting the alarm. Recently had 'alarm' light glow red when I started the car and stay lit for 20 seconds (it should go off right away when you unlock the car). Back to dealer.
Again.
They said it signified that one of the sensors wasn't communicating with the controller.
Reset and light is now extinguished.
There was i thinking that all the alarm issue were behind me...
Thank you, appreciate the quick reply. Will get it booked in. Hopefully they can sort my creaking seat belt buckle at the same time.

Ziggy

ziggyniva

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car booked in for 9th March (earliest they had a courtesy car). Apparently the alarm is a very common issue. Fingers crossed that means they know how to fix it.

Thank you for your help

Ziggy

markleigh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mark-leigh.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Overland 2.2 (March 19)
Occupation
Evil genius
Damn blast hellfire! My alarm went off three times after 11pm last night!!! FFS
To dealer tomorrow... <sigh>

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I saw a similar problem on another Wrangler website. They said they found several loose fuses and relays and after pressing them in fully, the problem went away.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Car booked in for 9th March (earliest they had a courtesy car). Apparently the alarm is a very common issue. Fingers crossed that means they know how to fix it.

Thank you for your help

Ziggy
@ziggyniva
We are happy to see that you are working with your dealer on this. If you do feel that you require additional support, I recommend finding a Jeep customer care team that works from the UK. You may be able to find more information here: https://www.fcacountryfinder.com/

Damn blast hellfire! My alarm went off three times after 11pm last night!!! FFS
To dealer tomorrow... <sigh>
@markleigh
We certainly apologize for the potentially harsh awakening! Please keep us update on the diagnosis you receive from your dealer, and feel free to reach out via PM for any further questions you may have.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Dave Goulden

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2 door JL Sahara
Occupation
Motor Engineer
I am from the UK, I have 2018 2.2 Diesel Overland (4dr).

When I use the key fob or the button on the door handle to lock the Jl, about a minute later the ALARM keeps going off. No matter how many times i try to unlock and re lock the car, it still happens.

The only way i can make it stop is by clicking lock 4 times on the fob, then I hear a double beep from the Wrangler and the alarm does not go off anymore.

Anyone else experienced this?

(This used to be intermittent, now it happens all the time, quite annoying to have to press lock 4 times).
Good morning
I have just found out that the interior sensors are over sensitive and Jeep has just put out a bulletin to the UK Dealerships to change all 5 sensors *******NOTE ****** it to me 6 phone calls to 6 different Dealerships to find this out as none of them had a clue !!!!! they all knew about this issue but NOT how to fix it !!!!!
Also on a different subject i,ve just bought/ fitted a Sunrider from Bestop they are really good
Regards
Dave
Tamworth Staffs, Wrangler JL 2dr Sahara 2.0 petrol

ziggyniva

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good morning
I have just found out that the interior sensors are over sensitive and Jeep has just put out a bulletin to the UK Dealerships to change all 5 sensors *******NOTE ****** it to me 6 phone calls to 6 different Dealerships to find this out as none of them had a clue !!!!! they all knew about this issue but NOT how to fix it !!!!!
Also on a different subject i,ve just bought/ fitted a Sunrider from Bestop they are really good
Regards
Dave
Tamworth Staffs, Wrangler JL 2dr Sahara 2.0 petrol
Where did you get the sunrider from please? In the uk?

ziggyniva

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I apparently need 5 new alarm sensors and some foam... All on back order. There is also a software update for my stereo audio randomly not working