Sponsored

JL or JLU, which will you choose?

Will you be ordering the 2-door or the 4-door?

• 2-door

Votes: 47 36.7%
  • 4-door

Votes: 77 60.2%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
Just wanted to know what everybody will be getting, the 2-door or the 4-door. I'll be ordering the 2-door JL as soon as the order banks open. We are so close, can't wait!
Sponsored

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
Vehicle Showcase
Let's hope this thread does not become the flame war my Manual vs Automatic thread became. Back to the topic though, I will be getting the 4 door.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Votes running nearly neck in neck. With real world sales ratio being 2:1 (or more) in favor of the 4 door, this shows that we got plenty of enthusiasts around here. :like:

Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Nothing until they either have a full electric engine or Diesel engine, and offer panoramic sunroofs on one of the top options.

When it all comes together though, 4dr

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
Have had a two door for awhile now. Looking forward to going to the four door. Gonna be a little more practical for me.

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
Vehicle Showcase
Votes running nearly neck in neck. With real world sales ratio being 2:1 (or more) in favor of the 4 door, this shows that we got plenty of enthusiasts around here. :like:
Most peope who buy Wranglers probably still call it their "car". That's why the 4 doors are so much more prevalent in the real world, and that's why you see so many stock Jeeps around. I would say that anyone who joins an online forum before the vehicle is even released is probably going to be more of an off road enthusiast than the average Wrangler consumer.

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
2 door. I have had the 4 door wrangler. Both are excellent choices depending on your needs.

I no longer need the extra space and like the tradition of the 2 door. I also like having both soft and hard tops and managing them is a bit easier with the 2 door.

OP
OP
kacper244

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
2 door. I have had the 4 door wrangler. Both are excellent choices depending on your needs.

I no longer need the extra space and like the tradition of the 2 door. I also like having both soft and hard tops and managing them is a bit easier with the 2 door.
Looks like you have a white JK currently. It looks really good. That's the color I'll be getting my JL in. :like:

Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Looks like you have a white JK currently. It looks really good. That's the color I'll be getting my JL in. :like:
Thanks. My first white jeep. I have had black, red, silver jeeps in the past. The white vs black parts (and wheels if you do black) really pop. It's a nice contrast. My daughter calls it the stormtrooper look. That said, I will likely go with a different color with the JL just to change it up.

Medicn8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Chevy Equinox
Occupation
USAF
So I went to my local jeep dealership today to test drive a jeep because I was bored. I asked the salesman if he had any manual unlimited's on the lot. He said, 2-door or 4-door. I got his card to ensure that I don't buy from him when it comes time for the JLU release. ‍♂

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
Assuming there are no other major differences besides the usual as with the JK/JKU (will there be?) I will go ahead and say 4 door. If they can improve some of the on road 'weaknesses' of the 2 dr I may reconsider but would have to drive one to see.

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
Assuming there are no other major differences besides the usual as with the JK/JKU (will there be?) I will go ahead and say 4 door. If they can improve some of the on road 'weaknesses' of the 2 dr I may reconsider but would have to drive one to see.
I love my JK but the 2 door will always ride worse on roads than the 4 door due to shorter wheelbase and being lighter. And the longer wheelbase of the 4 door has the advantage on most trails (unless breakover angle is important).
Sponsored