Sponsored

JL or JLU, which will you choose?

Will you be ordering the 2-door or the 4-door?

• 2-door

Votes: 47 36.7%
  • 4-door

Votes: 77 60.2%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
And she is right about that, but I just like to think my wrangler rules over her stupid mini-van in every way, shape, and form.
Yeah, well, just you wait until she gets that thing lifted and throws some MTs on it. Then you're in real trouble. You thought it crawled malls before...
Sponsored

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I hear that. And some people were saying that the wranglers have gotten too wide, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree with that, because I have 3 toddler age kids, and I found a manufacturer of child seats that make narrow child seats for smaller cars, so I can fit all 3 in the back seat of my JKU, but just barely, which I never thought I would be able to do. So the width in the JK is just fine, and a little wider still on the JL will be ok with me too.

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I hear that. And some people were saying that the wranglers have gotten too wide, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree with that, because I have 3 toddler age kids, and I found a manufacturer of child seats that make narrow child seats for smaller cars, so I can fit all 3 in the back seat of my JKU, but just barely, which I never thought I would be able to do. So the width in the JK is just fine, and a little wider still on the JL will be ok with me too.
With waist sizes and car seat sizes ever expanding, I won't be surprised nor disappointed if the JLU ends up just a tiny bit wider. I don't mind a slightly bigger Wrangler especially if they manage to cut some weight.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I too am totally ok with a scaled up JL, JLU, JT.

My hope is that it opens the possibility of a truly capable compact CJ sized Jeep at a lower price point! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

I believe high school and college campuses would fill up with a baby JL.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Regarding your comment about the turn radius on the JKU, I couldn't agree with you more. My wife has a mini-van, a Toyota Sienna, that has a turning radius that blows away my JKU. I don't know how a min-van can outperform a wrangler when it comes to turning radius.
The JKU's 41 ft. turning radius isn't THAT horrible considering its 116" wheelbase. For comparison the BMW 5 series has 117" wheelbase and 40 ft. turning radius. Mazda CX-9 has 115" wheelbase and 39 ft. turning radius. Nissan Pathfinder has 114" and 39 ft. turning radius.
Wife's Honda Minivan: 118.1" wheelbase and 37.7 ft turning circle. Yeah, I know. It's a minivan.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
2 Door for me. Had 2 JKU's, never had a 2 door. Looks better imo also.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon - Previous Jeeps: 2018 JL Rubicon, 56 Willys, 78 CJ-5, 79 CJ-7, 2010 JK Mountain, 2014 JK Sport, 2016 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
2 Door.
I'm also keeping my JKUR
Sponsored