Sponsored

JL or JLU, which will you choose?

Will you be ordering the 2-door or the 4-door?

• 2-door

Votes: 47 36.7%
  • 4-door

Votes: 77 60.2%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I like the short wheel base for maneuverability, but I carry so much crap around for Mtn biking, skiing and camping, I need to go with the 4 door. Plus, when I add the Ursa Minor top to it for overland camping, my feet won't stick out...
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Another 4 door for me .... but hopefully a diesel pick up version this time around.

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Wow, I'm the only one who is "not sure yet". I like both for different reasons. Idk what will be my deciding factor..

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
4 doors course :)

dputnam36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a new JL
Two door with a manual. We have a 4Runner to handle the big gear.

Sponsored

Ikari Warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
I love my JK but the 2 door will always ride worse on roads than the 4 door due to shorter wheelbase and being lighter. And the longer wheelbase of the 4 door has the advantage on most trails (unless breakover angle is important).
IMO the 4-door can climb almost everything while offering all the extra passenger/cargo space compared to the 2-door which is nimbler, more maneuverable and feels lighter on its feet.

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Subaru Forester, Toyota Prado, soon JL Wrangler?
Auto 2 door - Prado for long hauls / up to 8 passengers....

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Wow, I'm the only one who is "not sure yet". I like both for different reasons. Idk what will be my deciding factor..
Usually the deciding factor is whether you need the extra space for people or things. If not, get the 2 door. I know I would have if I didn't have to occasionally transport family and lots of gear.

Just a guess but I think they will be making the JL more comfortable overall, probably increase its wheelbase slightly which will make for better street driving. It might eliminate some reasons people would otherwise go for the JLU.

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
As the title states, which will you be choosing? The 2 door or the 4 door, and why?

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
My first 3 wranglers were 2 door, because it was just me. Now, 3 kids later, I have a 4 door. So my JL will be 4 door for that reason. But it will never be the same to me. For some reason, the 4 door just doesn't give me the same feeling deep down in my soul. I am not sure if I am the only one who has dealt with this, but for me, the 2 door wrangler will always be the quintessential wrangler, although there are things about the 4 door I like better, namely cargo space and the sound of my stereo system.

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
My first Wrangler was a YJ 2-door, and I enjoyed it. I had to replace it, eventually with an XJ, because the YJ was simply too small to be the family's SUV.

jedijeep

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU "Big Bear"
So I went to my local jeep dealership today to test drive a jeep because I was bored. I asked the salesman if he had any manual unlimited's on the lot. He said, 2-door or 4-door. I got his card to ensure that I don't buy from him when it comes time for the JLU release. ‍♂
:cwl::cwl::cwl:

jedijeep

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU "Big Bear"
IF I spring for a JL, it will be the JLU! I've got two boys in car seats, much more practical to have a 4 door!

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
I asked the salesman if he had any manual unlimited's on the lot. He said, 2-door or 4-door. I got his card to ensure that I don't buy from him when it comes time for the JLU release. ‍♂
I am sure that one of the dealer's in my area, has a few 2-door and 4-door with manual windows and manual locks. :giggle:

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
I just can't decide what to get right now! Personally, I felt like I made a mistake with my JK not getting a Rubicon. So, that part of me is set. But now with the JL vs JLU I don't know what I should get. I really want the extra cargo room that the JLU provides, but that's going to add up to an expensive rig... now when my wife finishes up med school, maybe I trade in the JL and get a JLU diesel? Does that sound dumb? Don't want to be throwing money away. Lol.
Sponsored