First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Is it just me or does the JL Sport sit slightly nose high?
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Interestingly, the Teraflex leveling kit has 2.0" spacers for the front and 1.5" for the rear.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I think you can measure the gap between the fender and tire to get an idea but I didn't think mine sat nose high at stock level.
Definitely sits nose low with LoD bumper, skid and winch.

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
JL is nose up. JLU is nose down. The TeraFlex 1.5” spacer lift is 1” front 1.5” rear spacer on the JL and 2” front 1.5” rear spacer on the JLU.

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
JL is nose up. JLU is nose down. The TeraFlex 1.5” spacer lift is 1” front 1.5” rear spacer on the JL and 2” front 1.5” rear spacer on the JLU.
OK, then it's just not my eyes. Are there any measurements available anywhere that say what the distance is from floor to the bottom of the front bumper and floor to bottom of rear bumper? My RV is easy, I just put a 4' level on the floor in line with the chassis and level from there.

Sponsored

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
No it is not your eyes, the JL is definitely nose up. It doesn't help when you have a bunch of fishing and camera stuff in the back. The JL's with the leveling kits look much better. I might see about a leveling kit next spring.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Interestingly, the Teraflex leveling kit has 2.0" spacers for the front and 1.5" for the rear.
The Teraflex leveling kit for the JL 2Dr includes 1” front spacers and 1.5” rear spacers. This leveling kit will give your Jeep an overall lift of 1.5". (according to Quadratec)

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
The Teraflex leveling kit for the JL 2Dr includes 1” front spacers and 1.5” rear spacers. This leveling kit will give your Jeep an overall lift of 1.5". (according to Quadratec)
I'm not looking to lift the whole thing, just level it out. The Commander in Chief is vertically challenged (don't tell her she's short!) and has a hip issue that limits her range of motion on her legs so extra overall height isn't an option.

CactusDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2017 Porsche 911
Build Thread
Link
My JL has settled to about 1" high in the front, and I'm planning on throwing some spacers on the rear to address it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I took a look at the Terraflex spacers. How difficult of an installation is putting the spring spacers in? The instructions tell you to disconnect or loosen everything on the rear end. Is this something doable in a homeowner's garage or does it need to be professionally installed? Can it be done with spring compressors or is that the only way to do it? I'm not a novice at working on vehicles, I've rebuilt engines, changed shocks, driveshafts, axles, etc. Just trying to map out a strategy.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I took a look at the Terraflex spacers. How difficult of an installation is putting the spring spacers in? The instructions tell you to disconnect or loosen everything on the rear end. Is this something doable in a homeowner's garage or does it need to be professionally installed? Can it be done with spring compressors or is that the only way to do it? I'm not a novice at working on vehicles, I've rebuilt engines, changed shocks, driveshafts, axles, etc. Just trying to map out a strategy.
Very doable in your garage. Just need a few good jack stands and a good floor jack and you will be good to go. Just jack jeep up high on the jack stands then lower axel with floor jack and springs will fall right out. Even tho the instructions say loosen all of the control arms if you are only doing a .5 spacer I don't think that is super necessary. Thinks it more them covering their ass if your bushings wear out.

Last edited:

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
My JLU looks like it's nose up but when I measure from the ground to the wheel well, the rear is about an inch higher. Think my driveway might be pitched a little, although it looks pretty level.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
After 5k miles, mine has definitely squatted a little. Thought it was me, but I was behind a 2 door Sport JL today and noticed the same thing. Reminds of an old CJ7. Don’t know if I will go with a level kit or a set of JLUR Springs. I have Rubicon shocks, so I shouldn’t need spacers for them.
Sponsored