First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
I’m hopefully going to do the install on the non rubicon cup holders this weekend
Sponsored

OP
OP
Texas_Yote

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone attempted this install yet?
I will be next week when I get home from vacation :)

Right now the jeep is here:
20180613_104655.jpg

OP
OP
Texas_Yote

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

RDT300

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So I just replaced the stupid rear tray with the rear cup holders. Wasn't too bad..took me about 30 mins only bc I didn't know what the hell I was doing, how to get it apart since there was no tutorial when I googled it. So yes the first time Google has failed me....lol!!!

1. move the front seats all the way forward

2. remove rear weather mats or floor mats

3. there are small cutouts to the rear sides of the console. use flat tip screw driver and pry then out and down from the top. This reveals 10mm bolts. Remove those.

4. open center console lid. There are six torx (size 20 torx) screws on the top ledge of console. Only have to remove the two back ones located on either side of lid hinge.

5. Now use a flat tip and pry off the backing of the center console on both sides. The whole back part containing the USB and outlet comes off once those torx screws are removed.

IMG_5529.JPG
IMG_5534.JPG
IMG_5640.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_5932.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_1677.JPG
IMG_7176.JPG
IMG_8149.JPG
IMG_9688.JPG
6. There are 4 torx screws that attach the tray/cupholder to console. The top two are easy to get to. To get to the bottom two I had to prop the center console up about 6 inces to reach underneath and feel my way. The screws aren't to tight and were easy to get out.

All and all not bad. The passenger side seat when folded down sits up about 2 inches or so. Still lays flat enough for me to use if I have to put rear seats down.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@RDT300

Nice to see a guy that dives right in and not just come here and pander for someone else to do first so they can do... 8-)

Truly enjoyed the pics & documentation you proovided! Pics went into my JL related pic folder on my PC.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Texas_Yote

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
So I just replaced the stupid rear tray with the rear cup holders. Wasn't too bad..took me about 30 mins only bc I didn't know what the hell I was doing, how to get it apart since there was no tutorial when I googled it. So yes the first time Google has failed me....lol!!!

1. move the front seats all the way forward

2. remove rear weather mats or floor mats

3. there are small cutouts to the rear sides of the console. use flat tip screw driver and pry then out and down from the top. This reveals 10mm bolts. Remove those.

4. open center console lid. There are six torx (size 20 torx) screws on the top ledge of console. Only have to remove the two back ones located on either side of lid hinge.

5. Now use a flat tip and pry off the backing of the center console on both sides. The whole back part containing the USB and outlet comes off once those torx screws are removed.

IMG_5529.JPG
IMG_5534.JPG
IMG_5640.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_5932.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_1677.JPG
IMG_7176.JPG
IMG_8149.JPG
IMG_9688.JPG
6. There are 4 torx screws that attach the tray/cupholder to console. The top two are easy to get to. To get to the bottom two I had to prop the center console up about 6 inces to reach underneath and feel my way. The screws aren't to tight and were easy to get out.

All and all not bad. The passenger side seat when folded down sits up about 2 inches or so. Still lays flat enough for me to use if I have to put rear seats down.
Beat me to it! Just got back from a 3k mile roadtrip and my cup holders were waiting for me :) my daughter complained the whole time about the lack of space with the arm rest folded down to hold drinks. 1st world problems! But the beach was nice :) installing tomorrow!
IMG_20180616_115217_155.jpg

Bearkat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Beat me to it! Just got back from a 3k mile roadtrip and my cup holders were waiting for me :) my daughter complained the whole time about the lack of space with the arm rest folded down to hold drinks. 1st world problems! But the beach was nice :) installing tomorrow!
Where did you guys order from. I see many places I've never heard of coming up when I google that part number. Also, how bad are the rear seats when laid down?

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
Where did you guys order from. I see many places I've never heard of coming up when I google that part number. Also, how bad are the rear seats when laid down?
I got mine from my dealer and got the 15% off

Sponsored

OP
OP
Texas_Yote

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer priced matched what pulled up on google and on ebay. I have a recline kit installed, in the DIY section I posted pics of what the seats look like laid down post install (link below). It looks like from the pics above it will be very similar if not the same post cup holder install.

https://jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-seat-recline-install.6580/

RDT300

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Searched part number and found on eBay. Passenger side seat back is up about 2 inches but still lays flat enough for me.

Bearkat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine from my dealer and got the 15% off
My dealer priced matched what pulled up on google and on ebay. I have a recline kit installed, in the DIY section I posted pics of what the seats look like laid down post install (link below). It looks like from the pics above it will be very similar if not the same post cup holder install.

https://jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-seat-recline-install.6580/
Searched part number and found on eBay. Passenger side seat back is up about 2 inches but still lays flat enough for me.
Thanks for the input guys!

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
Installed mine tonight was easy took about 15 mins. Those two bottom t20 bolts are a pain. thanks RDT300 for the write up made it a breeze.

Southbend44

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting-Gray, 2004 TJ 4.0, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Just ordered one off of EBay and there are currently 3 left for sale.
Sponsored