JL Non-Rubicon Cupholder

Virtualdru

First Name
dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon (6th build)
This worked great!!! Less than 15 min!!! Thank you for taking the time to doc and post!
Sponsored

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
I've a Sport S. One thing I do not like about it is that the passengers do not have the 12V outlet and USB connections. It's actually been bugging me, as I've kids that are always bugging me about charging their phones. I'm close to buying a Harbor Freight inverter that has USB charging ports.

Was wondering if the harness inside the console has the connections. If so, I could order an upper trim panel that has the outlet and USB connector cut-outs.

I guess I'll be pulling mine apart soon, just to get a look at what's under there.

^^^^
I would like to know this as well. Did you find anything for this mod?

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon

3. there are small cutouts to the rear sides of the console. use flat tip screw driver and pry then out and down from the top. This reveals 10mm bolts. Remove those.

IMG_0085.JPG

I just picked-up mine this afternoon and will be installing it on the weekend.

When looking at the cup holder I do not understand why the two bottom console bolts needs to be removed.

Do they really need to be removed?

Thanks
Daniel

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yes, you'll have to remove them. They go through the tray/cup-holder. I thought the same thing, but they had to come out. No big deal, it only takes 30 seconds to remove them.

Sponsored

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
I now understand, the 2ea 10mm bolts needs to be removed in order to be able to lift the rear of console to get access to the 2ea bolts that are holding the bottom of the cup holder tray.

In order to facilitate the access to the 2ea bolts, I put a piece of 2x4 under the tray.

It is easier if the 2ea bottom bolts are removed first and reinstalled last (that including the un clipping of the console rear section.

In all it’s fairly easy to do... the most tedious part is the 2ea bottom bolts.

D6C4D860-97C5-4813-B82D-1BCAC46945C1.jpeg

2FB2A2B9-CCF5-4CD9-B2B6-7D349726CE82.jpeg

FA65F6CF-F480-4608-9A07-745AC20EBCBA.jpeg

Last edited:

spampy22

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hydro Blue Rubicon Xtreme Recon
For the life of me I couldn’t get the bottom Torx 20s back in so I just said oh well and left them off. It’s still really secure once all put back together.

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
Just ordered this part from my local dealer. They initially quoted me $61 but were able to meet the ~$48 I was seeing it online.

Sponsored

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
For the life of me I couldn’t get the bottom Torx 20s back in so I just said oh well and left them off. It’s still really secure once all put back together.
I did the same exact thing

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
totally doing this. Thanks so much for the pics and walkthrough.

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I finally got around to doing this last week. Super easy (but those lower screws were a bit of a hassle to get off -- didn't bother putting back on :) ).

If anybody else is interested in doing this, due to a mix-up with my initial order and then exchange vs. refund, I have an extra "rear console with cup holders" (6BN67TX7AC) that I need to sell. It's pretty light, so shipping shouldn't be too bad. Let me know.

OldmanURE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
I did this install today. Sorry no photos, I was doing it between rainstorms. I found the bottom two are a pain, but if you have a tool case to rest the center console on it makes it a lot easier. If not wedge something about 2 inches wide under the console near the inner seat mount. It makes it a lot easier and no scrapped hands or wedged fingers.
Sponsored