JL Non-Rubicon Cupholder

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
This is great. Thank you all. Wife was driving me nuts wondering why there was no cup holders there, especially since she sits in the middle with a kid on either side of her lol.

Followup: got it today and installed in about 30 minutes. Those two screws underneath were a pain, definitely need to prop the console up and use a headlight to guide the driver in/out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Wow, you guys suck. Now I have to go spend $50.
What's really funny is that I didn't even know there was an arm rest in rear seat that folded down. I though I had to fold the seat flat for a cup holder there. Wow. I'm just going to remove my head restraint and call it good. Nobody sits in the middle seat of my Jeep anyway, so I'll just set it off to the side somewhere. Probably the first piece to start a pile of stock parts, which will be joined by that stupid tray. I get that they had to remove the cup holder, but they could have made the pockets on the tray a little deeper so it wasn't completely useless.

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yea, the Jeep Fairy came yesterday. I've got a fancy new cup holder sitting on my desk right now. Time to go install it. You all suck for making me spend money I wasn't planning on spending, but you all rock for making me aware of an item I will actually use quite a bit.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Well I installed my cup holder yesterday. It took about 15 minutes to do. As previously mentioned by others, the two bottom bolts are a inconvenient to get in/out, but it's not that bad. If you can turn a wrench and screw driver you can do this mod.

I took a few photos. With the original tray in place and the head restraint on there's obviously clearance.
With the cup holder installed, and the head restraint on there is definitely contact. It's enough that I wouldn't load up anything to heavy. There is a very simple solution though. Just remove the head restraint. You can either leave it off like I plan to do, or take it off if your load will put weight on the folded flat floor. With the cup holder installed and head restraint on, there's no interference at all, so no issues. Plus, you can still use your cup holder this way.

cupholder before install.jpg

cupholder with head restraint.jpg

cupholder without head restraint.jpg

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
I may have missed it but where can I order this cup holder part? Can someone share a link?

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ebay seems to be the easiest place to get a good price. Otherwise shop around dealerships for the best price. It can be bought for about $40+ shipping, so it depends on your proximity to the dealership which will be the cheapest for you.
The part number you're looking for is 6BN67TX7AC.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if anyone has the part number for the cup holders that come in the non-rubicon models; I can find it. The Rubicon comes with worthless plates and I keep spilling my Bourbon on my seats, would rather have it go on the floor. In all honesty, I scratch my head every time I see the worthless plates on the floor in the rear, would rather make it functional.
Just do two pours instead of one?

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
OP
OP
Texas_Yote

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase

unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I've a Sport S. One thing I do not like about it is that the passengers do not have the 12V outlet and USB connections. It's actually been bugging me, as I've kids that are always bugging me about charging their phones. I'm close to buying a Harbor Freight inverter that has USB charging ports.

Was wondering if the harness inside the console has the connections. If so, I could order an upper trim panel that has the outlet and USB connector cut-outs.

I guess I'll be pulling mine apart soon, just to get a look at what's under there.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I'm going to assume, since my Sahara has ports for the back passengers, the wiring is probably already there in the Sport. You likely just need to buy the panel with them, and the pigtail to connect to the wires. I have no way to verify that, but it's a pretty good guess, based on similar items from Ram trucks I've done and assisted with. If it's the same way on Jeep, they all have the same wiring harness through the body so the plug ends are in there unused on models that don't come with a certain option.
Just a guess though, but I'd say you've got a shot at making that work out.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much for this post. Just installed it in a snap. Would have been a real pain figuring it out on my own. :handsinair:
Sponsored