Sponsored

JL negotiating better than invoice price?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Same here Chicago, but mine will not commit to the deal. Best give yours a call.
He’s gonna add on the increase ?
Sponsored

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Cloth, Dual Tops, LED, Towing, Infotain, Cold Weather.
He’s gonna add on the increase ?
When asked about the increase he responded that we will have to give Chrysler (FCA) a call when we pick it up. Many others on this site have reported the same, while others have said their dealers are standing by the original price.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
When asked about the increase he responded that we will have to give Chrysler (FCA) a call when we pick it up. Many others on this site have reported the same, while others have said their dealers are standing by the original price.
I’ll walk if he does that , I think I’m better off not asking , I’ll see what happens on pick up day

Sponsored

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I live in Fl. I have been to multiple dealers for a Rubicon. All dealers I talked to said MSRP, no discount on the new jeeps.
This is from more than 2 dealers. How are you getting these discounts?

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Cloth, Dual Tops, LED, Towing, Infotain, Cold Weather.
I live in Fl. I have been to multiple dealers for a Rubicon. All dealers I talked to said MSRP, no discount on the new jeeps.
This is from more than 2 dealers. How are you getting these discounts?
Islandtees, this page on the forum is a great place to start: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/best-deals-found-on-a-new-jl.2436/
Had the same problem and ended up ordering out of state. Also, search the site for info on the Tread Lightly Affiliate program. And finally, ask for help, everyone on the forum has been very informative.

OFFREDDY

First Name
Akhil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hello Guys,

I live in NorCal / Bay Area and I am 23 and this was my first time buying a car.
Wanted to share with you my buying experience over the weekend.

I first went to San Leandro CDJR and there was a JL Rubicon with MSRP of $51,355 with an additional 4k mark up.
I had done my research through the forums as I was well aware of all the discounts people have been recieving under invoice.
I walked into the dealership and immediately showed my seriousness in purchasing the vechile as I had set an appointment prior to coming in. First he tried to sell me on the 2018 JKs in the back lot; the only JL rubicon he had was a showroom piece and had been sitting at the dealer for 3 weeks.

He has me sit down and we start talking numbers. He begins to talk monthly payments which I knew was not the way to start negotiating. I told him lets cut this BS and discuss and OTD price. I initially told him I am ready to take it OTD at 50k, and while he didnt turn me away right away he went back and forth with his manager and came back with the following price below:

IMG_4842.JPG
upload_2018-4-2_13-33-51.png

I raised my offer to $51,355 (Which is the MSRP) out the door and said that was my final offer and walked away. After getting on the freeway I recieve a call from the dealer and he mentioned he would take away his commison of supposedly $200 dollars. I laughed and hung up the phone. Another hour passes and I recieve a call saying they can do $52,800 OTD. Now im at the dealership in Gilroy, CA and they lower the price once more to $52k OTD. Back and forth negotiating took place over the phone to get the price this low.

Prior to going to Gilroy dealership I had said that I was getting this Jeep from San leandro for 52k OTD and the MSRP was 53k. He immediately promised he can give a much better deal and I ended up recieveing a $55,315 MSRP JL rubicon for $53,500 out the door. This price agreeded on was 13% under MSRP and 7% under invoice.

upload_2018-4-2_13-32-9.png

I thank all you guys and this forum for allowing me to do my thorough research and not settle for anything less than the discount I agreed upon. Till today i still recieve calls from San Leandro dealer saying they can offer me a better price, so if anyone in NorCal is interested there is a sweet good looking all white rubicon JL at a fairly decent price in San Leandro.

Please contact me if you would like to have the exact contacts of these dealers.

IMG_4844.JPG

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Hello Guys,

I live in NorCal / Bay Area and I am 23 and this was my first time buying a car.
Wanted to share with you my buying experience over the weekend.

I first went to San Leandro CDJR and there was a JL Rubicon with MSRP of $51,355 with an additional 4k mark up.
I had done my research through the forums as I was well aware of all the discounts people have been recieving under invoice.
I walked into the dealership and immediately showed my seriousness in purchasing the vechile as I had set an appointment prior to coming in. First he tried to sell me on the 2018 JKs in the back lot; the only JL rubicon he had was a showroom piece and had been sitting at the dealer for 3 weeks.

He has me sit down and we start talking numbers. He begins to talk monthly payments which I knew was not the way to start negotiating. I told him lets cut this BS and discuss and OTD price. I initially told him I am ready to take it OTD at 50k, and while he didnt turn me away right away he went back and forth with his manager and came back with the following price below:

IMG_4842.JPG
upload_2018-4-2_13-33-51.png

I raised my offer to $51,355 (Which is the MSRP) out the door and said that was my final offer and walked away. After getting on the freeway I recieve a call from the dealer and he mentioned he would take away his commison of supposedly $200 dollars. I laughed and hung up the phone. Another hour passes and I recieve a call saying they can do $52,800 OTD. Now im at the dealership in Gilroy, CA and they lower the price once more to $52k OTD. Back and forth negotiating took place over the phone to get the price this low.

Prior to going to Gilroy dealership I had said that I was getting this Jeep from San leandro for 52k OTD and the MSRP was 53k. He immediately promised he can give a much better deal and I ended up recieveing a $55,315 MSRP JL rubicon for $53,500 out the door. This price agreeded on was 13% under MSRP and 7% under invoice.

upload_2018-4-2_13-32-9.png

I thank all you guys and this forum for allowing me to do my thorough research and not settle for anything less than the discount I agreed upon. Till today i still recieve calls from San Leandro dealer saying they can offer me a better price, so if anyone in NorCal is interested there is a sweet good looking all white rubicon JL at a fairly decent price in San Leandro.

Please contact me if you would like to have the exact contacts of these dealers.

IMG_4844.JPG
Great deal

Sponsored

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
Hi Guys,
I bought my last Jeep in Bloomington, it went is as a Sold Unit so the price was guarantied even with a price increase while waiting.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Hi Guys,
I bought my last Jeep in Bloomington, it went is as a Sold Unit so the price was guarantied even with a price increase while waiting.
Same with mine at Tyson

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
Most people are pulling 5% below invoice across the country.

Well, at least those that are educated.

I got 6% below myself out in California.
How do you determine invoice (how much below MSRP is it). I ordered mine at about %14 below MSRP but have no idea of how that translates.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
How do you determine invoice (how much below MSRP is it). I ordered mine at about %14 below MSRP but have no idea of how that translates.
With quick maffs - that should be around 8% below invoice. Sounds like Dennis Dillon out of Idaho.

there are invoice threads that show the invoice/msrp of all packages and vehicles.

Check the ordering thread section out. I think they are stickied there.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
You got a great deal , invoice is the column marked FWP(usd) next to your msrp column on your Configuration sheet

A4116DDE-2BE2-4B2B-9177-CAAE11469593.png
Sponsored