Sponsored

JL MOPAR soft tops are now available for purchase online (Update: backordered)

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
***EDIT: They are apparently on backorder - per their customer service rep.

Here: https://www.morris4x4center.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=wrangler+jl+sunrider

They have 4 Mopar JL soft tops listed on their website.

I am not aware if they are in-stock or not.

Posting this as I know there's a handful of people out there looking to buy a soft top after they purchased their JL.

upload_2018-3-7_12-2-47.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

draffind

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
How is it they can be selling these tops when Jeep can't even get them to support production orders. It really is a slap in the face when the vehicle you ordered has been sitting for over a month because there is a soft top shortage. @JeepCares

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
How is it they can be selling these tops when Jeep can't even get them to support production orders. It really is a slap in the face when the vehicle you ordered has been sitting for over a month because there is a soft top shortage. @JeepCares
I believe the soft top shortage has been resolved as others have been receiving their orders with soft tops. Due to this issue being resolved is the reason they can sell these now I assume. The factory however is a bit backed up from the shortage but is working hard at catching up.

I have no knowledge of anything I just typed. I am just speculating on the positive side.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I edited the first post.

They are backordered through the Morris 4x4 website.

So yeah, they likely won't be shipping anytime soon.

At least we have an idea on cost, though.

Sponsored

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
Yesterday I was on a chat with a JEEP rep and they checked my Vin. They said the order will be delayed due to not soft tops available. As far as when , she said Mid March MAYBE

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I can see that these delays mean maybe I'll order this Fall, by then production "should" be flowing smoothly. The "Just in Time" method of ordering by manufacturers means there is no inventory to fall back on to keep the lines rolling. One miscalculation in parts ordering means a wait for that particular part to be made, shipped, and eventually brought to the parts bin. Everything stops. Looks great on Bean-Counting ledgers, but in reality, it's a total cluster $#@.

Footbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited White Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Yesterday I was on a chat with a JEEP rep and they checked my Vin. They said the order will be delayed due to not soft tops available. As far as when , she said Mid March MAYBE
Really? Has anyone else heard this?

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
A little over 1800 from other vendors. Googled the part number and several other vendors came up with that price.

Sponsored

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
My JLU w/ premium soft top that I took delivery on 2/25 essentially was built on 2/14. Found a sticker on my quarter windows that had 2/12/18 on it. I think that’s the manufacture date of that window. I’ll look and see if there are any other stickers. They are literally getting the parts just in time.

vanderbilt15

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Rubicon JL
First post. I actually just bought the dual top package and I’m thinking of selling the soft top. I had no idea there was a shortage.

Shanny_De

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
First post. I actually just bought the dual top package and I’m thinking of selling the soft top. I had no idea there was a shortage.
Really? I'm going the dealership this weekend to trade my 2014 JKU for the new 2018 JLU, but the one on the lot doesn't have the dual top, only hard top.

I would be interested in your soft top if you are still looking to sell it!

SkilledOne4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1966 Ford Mustang GT
It would be nice if the soft top window storage bags were available.

alphacc82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU - Punk'n
Wowzers, like someone said this is certainly a slap in the face for all these delayed soft top 2 door orders when you can order one from a website...
Sponsored