JL Mopar lift with 37” wiggle

vtech243

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL & BMW X3 M40i
Was your problem fixed? I’m starting to get a wobble at 45+ — I have the same set-up. Thanks.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Did you guys also check to make sure your shocks, swaybar links, and control arms are torqued to spec? You'll get steering play (and subsequent wobble) if these aren't done properly as well.

OP
OP
boogie

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I took out the beads and that helped a lot still doing it a little but have not had time to get my tires balanced or a alignment done. And I have I did not torque them to spec but I will thanks for the tip

csoles24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
How is the daily driving with the 37s? I'm still tied between getting 35s and 37s. Love the look of 37s but I still want to be able to drive it without having to be in 3rd gear when on the highway. Btw, I have a manual. So 6th will definitely be gone without a regear. 37s will help a lot on trails with mud. But anyway, do you mind the loss in power? Or did you regear?

OP
OP
boogie

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Im mostly in town with my jeep so it does not bother me. I don't even notice them until I hit a puddle on water on the road lol

Sponsored

csoles24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Im mostly in town with my jeep so it does not bother me. I don't even notice them until I hit a puddle on water on the road lol
How is it on the highway though? Or do you never ride on the highway? Also what is your gas mileage like?

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Speed dependent vibration is almost always related to tire/wheel balance. I would normally recommend a Road Force balance, but they won't do them on bead locks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
boogie

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
How is it on the highway though? Or do you never ride on the highway? Also what is your gas mileage like?
It rides great on the highway Im not sure what gear it is in but it rides good. the gas Im not sure about because I have not reprogramed for the bigger tires yet.

IMG_4650.JPG

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It rides great on the highway Im not sure what gear it is in but it rides good. the gas Im not sure about because I have not reprogramed for the bigger tires yet.

IMG_4650.JPG
You can go to through set up menu in your cluster and turn on the gear display if you want to see what gears you are hitting. Displays a small number by the D

OP
OP
boogie

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
You can go to through set up menu in your cluster and turn on the gear display if you want to see what gears you are hitting. Displays a small number by the D
cool thanks I didn't know that

Sponsored

utefan

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2016 JKU 75th Anniversary, 1996 XJ
915E6204-2825-4E36-B659-1F5757F7FC6D.jpeg
So I installed a Mopar lift th 37” tires on my JL and at 45 or 50 my steering wheel shakes. I have not had a alignment yet do you guys think this could be the problem?
Not sure about your "wiggle," but WOW your Jeep looks awesome. I am really struggling with tire size, I run 35s now and they're great, that said I love the look of the 37s, but my Jeep is my DD.

Good luck with your "wiggle."

Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
boogie

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I finally got around to balance my front tires and now it’s smooth as a baby’s butt lol no more wiggle or shake im a happy camper. I’m going to get the rear done Monday or Tuesday. I also got a flashcal ordered to fix my speedometer I’ll post my MPG after I program it

csoles24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I finally got around to balance my front tires and now it’s smooth as a baby’s butt lol no more wiggle or shake im a happy camper. I’m going to get the rear done Monday or Tuesday. I also got a flashcal ordered to fix my speedometer I’ll post my MPG after I program it
Did you ever regear? And what was your MPG like after everything was aligned?

OP
OP
boogie

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
No regear yet Im geting little over 14MPG
Sponsored