Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any additional photos or specs on this build? I am thinking of going for a retro look when I finally pull the trigger on my jl 2 door.

157-2018-sema-show-south-hall-upper-level.jpg
Is that the regular black top or OD Green?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I saw a write up on it somewhere. It has leaf spring suspension if I remember right. Pretty neat what they did but changed it from what it was if that makes sense

Brett

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
If I were going for that look, I'd add an external jerry can mount (old fashioned steel one) and external mount for an e-tool (t-handle type).

Last edited:

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I made the carrier with square tubing, sized to telescope for the vertical, a Jerry can carrier for the can, cut a bracket that mounts to the two horizontal cowl bolts.
The bottom tube has a square nut welded into it, a "L" bracket secures the tube to the rock rail. Nutsert there.
Originally made for my JK, but the adjustable tubing and upper L bracket made the transfer to the JL easy.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an old thread, but for anyone going for the old military retro look, I would add some features from this photo. Almost all of the stenciling is pure military. The left side of the hood is a registration number. The left side of the bumper is a bumper number; “A” is the unit, as in “Alpha Company.” The number is arbitrary; usually the unit commander is “1.” The date on the right side of the bumper would not be on a military vehicle. The battalion number and regiment would be there.

84703E1B-2A57-4AAE-B192-AFEF05FB42B0.jpeg
Sponsored