Sponsored

JL Manual Transmission Values Down the Road

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
Big issue too is that most household likely have one driver who can drive a manual. In a two car household its hard to justify having a car that the other spouse cant/wont drive.
Sponsored

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Big issue too is that most household likely have one driver who can drive a manual. In a two car household its hard to justify having a car that the other spouse cant/wont drive.
fair enough.

personally, my wife would’ve never forgiven me if I had bought a Jeep with an automatic.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I doubt the resale value will be affected as long you don't trade it in at dealer. It costs additional money for the automatic so you're already ahead of the game. I would guess it isn't going to be down in resale when compare to the 1500 or 3000 option costs of the 2.0L Turbo or 3.6L etorque autos.

I recently have sold a couple Subarus with MT and I had no problem selling them. It seemed like buyers and potential buyer were actively looking for a MT. One of them was just the base 170hp engine not sporty model at all. I would imagine Jeep Wrangler would have ample demand for used MT Wrangler.

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive
Same here. I ordered a 2 door manual back on 8/10/2020. There is just something about driving a manual that most people just don't understand. The bonus is that a manual is it's own anti-theft deterrent!
There is a sticker available that depicts the manual shift configuration and below it states "millennial anti-theft device". Thought of getting it, but figured it could be an invitation for someone to try.

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Still. the vast majority of people here drive automatic, and that includes jeep owners. most jeep owners don't even know a Jeep has SFA or anything, to them it is just another car.
I understand. With "stand-still" traffic, you wouldn't want your daily driver to be a manual.

Sponsored

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
fair enough.

personally, my wife would’ve never forgiven me if I had bought a Jeep with an automatic.
That's why the Jeep is the 3rd vehicle.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I took my wife to a dirt road, hopped out, and said "learn"

The whiplash eventually went away and now she won't go back to an auto

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I understand. With "stand-still" traffic, you wouldn't want your daily driver to be a manual.
Not everyone in LA suffers "stand-still" traffic. It is bad only if you are going through downtown, or towards the Santa Monica area. I don't think that's the reason why people don't buy manuals. I drove manual my whole life, before the corolla I had a manual XJ. It never bothered me, if the clutch is light you just get used to it even on traffic conditions. Sure there might be some people that spend their life in traffic and maybe at that point a manual can be a bit annoying. But the main reason why people don't buy manuals here is because they simply can't drive them. The large majority of americans refuse to learn to drive stick, and that's it. This is the only country I've ever been where driving a manual makes you "cool" and somehow an outlier. It is bizarre. In Spain you need to get a special license if you can't drive stick!

Sponsored

JG1000

First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
When driving an automatic I am constantly looking and trying to find the clutch with my foot and my hand automatically gets ready to shift so there's no way I would be comfortable driving an automatic lol

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I've spent thousands on auto trans out of warranty. I will never own another hard use vehicle with an auto trans.

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a manual on my 21 Rubi and don’t really care about the end game value. I intend to drive it until the wheels fall off. I drove my last wrangler for over 19 years and yes, it was a manual

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I ordered a manual on my 21 Rubi and don’t really care about the end game value. I intend to drive it until the wheels fall off. I drove my last wrangler for over 19 years and yes, it was a manual
this is the best response and reason to get a manual imo.

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Bought my 2019 Sport S MT used for 25,900. Still had the original window sticker in the glove box from a year prior 38k. A MT will be harder to sell, but man, so much easier to buy.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Manual Transmission Values Down the Road A5F684C0-D941-4894-AF78-171B697D7A1F
Sponsored