Sponsored

JL Maintenance Issue Help (Pulls to the Right and Dealership has Taken 2 Months)

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I will say, if I am on the highway in the left lane I have to hold the wheel a bit to the right. If I am in the right lane I have to hold it a bit to the left. Due to the crowning on the road its hard to drive straight with the wheel straight. Does it track straight on any roads or no matter what if you let go of the wheel it just goes right?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
I will say, if I am on the highway in the left lane I have to hold the wheel a bit to the right. If I am in the right lane I have to hold it a bit to the left. Due to the crowning on the road its hard to drive straight with the wheel straight. Does it track straight on any roads or no matter what if you let go of the wheel it just goes right?
I hear you. No, its way more immediate than that. Its not some gentle drift. If I take my hands off the wheel to tie a mask around my face or something, by the time my hands reach behind my head, I am halfway in the right lane.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I hear you. No, its way more immediate than that. Its not some gentle drift. If I take my hands off the wheel to tie a mask around my face or something, by the time my hands reach behind my head, I am halfway in the right lane.
Yep that's a serious issue. I do hope FCA is somehow able to make it right.

OP
OP

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep that's a serious issue. I do hope FCA is somehow able to make it right.
I hope so too. I mean, it doesn't seem like this is the most serious of issues to address

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I hope so too. I mean, it doesn't seem like this is the most serious of issues to address
My dad used to tell me, "your vehicle needs to do two thing well - steer and stop. Everything else is gravy."

Hope it gets sorted. Certainly seems like lemon law could be an option depending on location.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dad used to tell me, "your vehicle needs to do two thing well - steer and stop. Everything else is gravy."

Hope it gets sorted. Certainly seems like lemon law could be an option depending on location.
I think the Lemon Law time period has well since passed. Ive had the car almost 2 years! Come to think of it, it really only started when they put that track bar in there due to the recall.
Stock tires?
Yup.

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
Come to think of it, it really only started when they put that track bar in there due to the recall.
Is there a recall on track bar or steering damper? I don't think a track bar would do that, but a steering damper might. I know it's somthing warrenty should cover but if I was in your situation I would put a Fox 2.0 damper on. $100 and 15 minutes, it's likely the issue.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I think the Lemon Law time period has well since passed. Ive had the car almost 2 years! Come to think of it, it really only started when they put that track bar in there due to the recall.

Yup.
Check the laws for your state, but the laws usually apply during the warranty period, so three years/36k miles.

If it started with a track bar install, it *should* be fixable. Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a recall on track bar or steering damper? I don't think a track bar would do that, but a steering damper might. I know it's somthing warrenty should cover but if I was in your situation I would put a Fox 2.0 damper on. $100 and 15 minutes, it's likely the issue.
Whatever the recall had for the "death wobble"." Don't quite remember what it was. I know it wasn't an issue when I first got the car.
I would've been calling daily after day 2 being told that.
Ha, I tried to be cool about it. Apparently my patience runs thin at 2 1/2 months.
Check the laws for your state, but the laws usually apply during the warranty period, so three years/36k miles.

If it started with a track bar install, it *should* be fixable. Good luck!
Not quite sure if it did, but hopefully I will get to the bottom of this soon!

OP
OP

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had a call with the Service guy (again), got the exact same line I got before "The technician is out but we are emailing with a Jeep Engineer trying to fix it." I heard this three weeks ago. Apparently, they only have ONE guy that can address this issue (can't be true).

So yeah, casual emails back and forth trying to address this.

They also said it still pulls even though they have done all of the normal stuff.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
FCA has the worst customer service in the history of automobiles and/or the history of customers. The only way i got anything done with my Jeep was to apply a huge amount of pressure, every single day. And if you have any mod at all they figure out a way to void your warranty.
Totally wrong. Yugo did. Could never get them to answer the phone in Yugoslavia.

You know when you make outlandish statements your point loses all value.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Had a call with the Service guy (again), got the exact same line I got before "The technician is out but we are emailing with a Jeep Engineer trying to fix it." I heard this three weeks ago. Apparently, they only have ONE guy that can address this issue (can't be true).

So yeah, casual emails back and forth trying to address this.

They also said it still pulls even though they have done all of the normal stuff.
I was in the same boat with my ‘19—steering issues and the *one* regional engineer “declined” to come to my dealer (after four visits) to help. I also heard that “everything was in spec,” yet it couldn’t drive in a straight line.

OP
OP

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was in the same boat with my ‘19—steering issues and the *one* regional engineer “declined” to come to my dealer (after four visits) to help. I also heard that “everything was in spec,” yet it couldn’t drive in a straight line.
Did you use a lemon law? Or did you get it fixed somehow?
Sponsored