JL LJ

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Had a 2005 LJ for 11 years. Was a great Jeep but needed 4 doors for the fam. I gotta say the JL has been an improvement in almost every way. Being able to jump to 37"s with minimal cost & effort was a bigger improvement than I expected for off road. Will always have some nostalgia for the LJ tho...

Old
UKxRtd8nuVdax5967ntFxT-KLfIN2xA87Vj0u9FZwTFNDqPiupd6cc6gbQZZjRRWn9phtlsGs-3BYb2dw=w1350-h1012-no.jpg

New
kN9YGakavwmgSVZeoX48FmE3jZzDaoX3z-_pChPU5hiiRQHYpk230qhjRmnIi4KoZ7NHfHYwobTXUs_yB=w1824-h1368-no.jpg

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
You guys do know that there never was an official Jeep Model LJ don't you. They were TJ Unlimiteds.

LJ is an internet bastadization that stood for long Jeep I suppose.

You also know there were other long wheelbase Jeeps. The CJ8s are now very collectable and popular, while the CJ6s, not so much.

OP
OP
Slumpbuster

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
05 was black, 06 was tan. I know they won’t build it, just dreaming for the perfect Jeep for me.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I had an 04 LJ that I sold in 2014 after getting in to an accident. My biggest regret is not keeping it to fix up as a second vehicle and building it up, but I am happy to now have a JL with more modern amenities.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slumpbuster

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Yes hutchman we know. You sound like a jealous non LJ owner. Don’t hate them just because they are so perfect. Lol

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had 10 or so Jeeps including a scrambler and 05 LJ and my second love, my 06 LJ Rubicon. It only has 30K miles and yes as you can tell sits in the garage most of the time. When we lived in PCB it was our beach Jeep and carried us and the gear the 1/4 from the house to the beach. Now that we are in NC it only sees weekend duty. Finally had to take the 1/2 doors off and put the full ones on along with the top. I cant wait for the new JL diesel but this one will never go....

IMG_6714.jpeg

IMG_0769.jpeg

IMG_0772.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg
If that was an option it would’ve been my choice as well. Not a fan of any 4 door, not just Jeeps.

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2018 Audi Q3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
Vehicle Showcase
You guys do know that there never was an official Jeep Model LJ don't you. They were TJ Unlimiteds.

LJ is an internet bastadization that stood for long Jeep I suppose.

You also know there were other long wheelbase Jeeps. The CJ8s are now very collectable and popular, while the CJ6s, not so much.
LOL Ive been Jeeping for 20 + years and owned my own offroad shop. Im also one of the original creators of Jeep Beach in Daytona and the reason it is held at the speedway. Yes I am well aware that the LJ was a name given by Jeepers. And all real Jeepers know what LJ means :)

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
Vehicle Showcase
Had a 2005 LJ for 11 years. Was a great Jeep but needed 4 doors for the fam. I gotta say the JL has been an improvement in almost every way. Being able to jump to 37"s with minimal cost & effort was a bigger improvement than I expected for off road. Will always have some nostalgia for the LJ tho...
Both are pretty sweet. I cant part with the LJ though. She will have a home right next to the JL. (funny how the letters are reversed LJ/JL, it was meant to be LOL)

Sponsored

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
....Yes I am well aware that the LJ was a name given by Jeepers. And all real Jeepers know what LJ means :)
Yeh, well I guess I'm not a real Jeeper then......I much prefer to call these by the correct name and not some internet BS.....

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
Vehicle Showcase
Yeh, well I guess I'm not a real Jeeper then......I much prefer to call these by the correct name and not some internet BS.....
Not throwing jabs man. To each his own. If thats what you want to call it, by all means. Just as in my house we call it an LJ.