JL Leather trimmed seat option - what exactly are you buying?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Basically true with one stupid sentence put in. Some high level vehicle trims come with quality leather and some people actually park in garages in which case the leather will last indefinitely with minimal care.
I had the exact same impression: an insightful post ruined by one thoughtless comment. Why do people insist on running down others? For seemingly no value other than cruelty.

Outrun

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I got the saddle back brown leather option for my '20 JLUR because I hate the red dash and red accents that come with the Rubicon and wanted the heated seats. The brown seats comes without red stuff. With that said, mine sure feels and smells like real leather to me. Even a year later. They still look great and are easy to clean. I just use baby wipes.

Nonskid

First Name
Colin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
Personally I LOVE my red dash and accents. LOVE them! LoL. In all seriousness I do think the red dash and stitching goes well with the red Rubicon accents on the outside. I don't much care for the leather dash but I can see how people might like it. Nice to have choices.
As for the leather seats I did go with the black leather trimmed seats. I'm no expert but it looks like leather to me. That being said I wondered why it was called "leather trimmed". Maybe because the seat back is plastic on the front seats and another material on the back of the back seats? Or maybe like someone else has said some of the bits aren't real leather? I've only had mine for a couple of weeks so time will tell. I expect the outside edges to show wear first as I almost slide out of the seat. It's a bit of a drop. Either way I'm very happy that I went with leather over cloth. That might change the first time I climb in on a hot sunny day with the roof off LoL.

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement