Sponsored

JL Lease info.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Lease Offer I have received on a 2018 Sahara JL Unlimited. How’s this sound? I’m in Ohio if that matters.

MSRP: $47,615
Sale Price: $43,843
MF: .00214

42 months
15K per year
63% Residual ($29,997.45)

$0 down - not even first payment due

$542.92 per month

I have credit over 810. This MF seems high, no?

Is the sale price in line with what most of you are seeing, or how much more room do you think they have?
This makes no sense - Why did they discount the sale price 8% - no dealer needs to discount JL's at all much less almost 10% off sticker? The implied interest rate in your deal is 7.45% so maybe that's why. Ask them to tell you what the the sale price is, which they did, and you will buy it for 3.99% thru FCA finance. Then you can negotiate the lease interest rate down.
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I best I’ve been hearing is around about 500-1000 off. Or they continue to only discuss the monthly. The dealerships around me seem to continue manual sports with the basic in them. Or a Sport s with a couple upgrade packages pricing around 36-38k.

I was looking to be at 34-35k sport S w/ cold weather group and hardtop.
Might be worth a drive to one of the dealers highlighted here.

Kmstivers

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
This makes no sense - Why did they discount the sale price 8% - no dealer needs to discount JL's at all much less almost 10% off sticker? The implied interest rate in your deal is 7.45% so maybe that's why. Ask them to tell you what the the sale price is, which they did, and you will buy it for 3.99% thru FCA finance. Then you can negotiate the lease interest rate down.
How did you come up with 7.45%? With a MF at .00214, that equates to an interest rate of 5.136%.

I received additional discounts after negotiating price because of discounts I’m eligible through family, thus landing about 8% off MSRP, a few percent under invoice.

DesertDuck

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶J̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶W̶r̶a̶n̶g̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶U̶n̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶u̶b̶i̶c̶o̶n̶ 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Took me about 5 weeks. I called a few times and they said they didn’t see my VIN in their system, so I just waited. My first bill showed two payments due, payment for month 2 and month 3 (month 1 was paid at delivery).
That's good, I wondered if there was some leniency on the payments with the delays in account setup. I ended up calling the dealership I purchased from and paid my first month by phone. They looked into the status and found that the lease paperwork was denied by Chrysler Capital as there were missing signatures. They said they would fed ex me the paperwork a couple weeks ago to get those missing signatures and then they will re-submit to Chrylser Capital, still waiting on the paperwork...

ShawnQ

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jlu 2018 Sport S, 1988 Grand Wagoneer w/5.3
New member here looking at a new JL Sport base model with automatic, trailer tow, and anti-spin axle.

Has anyone recently leased one like this?
Or would I be better off getting a Sport S based on their money factor/RV?

The jeep I'm looking at has a sticker of $35,830.
Is there a current money factor and/or residual value I can use to plug in to a calculator so I can know what to shoot for when I start haggling?

I'm not opposed to getting a sport S, but figured the lower MSRP would be better. It will be a second vehicle that will be stored indoors with the top and doors off most of the time. So, all of the amenities of the 'S' model wont really be utilized.

Located in Houston area (South of town in league city).

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I think sport has 1% higher RV vs sport s?

Adamwest21

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th
Hey gang, new here, Jeep owner already.
I worked a lease deal on a 39k sport s this week in NC and it seems too good to be true and wanted opinions please,
Trade in is cash value of 16500, owe 24,900, ouch!
Lease deal is 10k, 2500 down and $449 a mo total with all.
I see without trade, it should be around $400 a mo, so curious if I should jump on this!
BTW, trade is a 16 ford edge with transmission issue, 12k miles,

Thanks!,

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey gang, new here, Jeep owner already.
I worked a lease deal on a 39k sport s this week in NC and it seems too good to be true and wanted opinions please,
Trade in is cash value of 16500, owe 24,900, ouch!
Lease deal is 10k, 2500 down and $449 a mo total with all.
I see without trade, it should be around $400 a mo, so curious if I should jump on this!
BTW, trade is a 16 ford edge with transmission issue, 12k miles,

Thanks!,
What’s the MSRP, Cap, RV, and MF? I’d start there and then add in the trade negative equity. There’s no reason to put money down on a lease ... you could lose if totaled.

Adamwest21

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th
What’s the MSRP, Cap, RV, and MF? I’d start there and then add in the trade negative equity. There’s no reason to put money down on a lease ... you could lose if totaled.
Not sure, just simple communication at this point via email, although they did give me the Jeep for a week on dealer tag

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Branman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW Tiguan
Ok guys And gals. I’m in the market here to lease a new wrangler. I’ve been back and forth with a couple dealers so far only one will actually give me numbers. The others are just giving me payments which I don’t play that game. Anyway I’ll post what the one dealer gave me. It seems high but maybe it’s right on the money I don’t know.

2018 Rubi unlimited

Sticker 45550
Discount 3293
Adjusted price (cap cost) 42257

Processing fee 299
Tax 1804
Non tax fee 289
Total 44649

MF .00193 residual 64% for 39/months. They keep telling me 48/m will be higher payment.

Lease 39/15k $550 with 600 down.

Thanks for any input/thoughts/advice.

BrianUNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil 4XE
Residuals appear to have dropped 1% across the board for July.
Sponsored