Sponsored

JL Lease info.

DesertDuck

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶J̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶W̶r̶a̶n̶g̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶U̶n̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶u̶b̶i̶c̶o̶n̶ 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
For those that leased through Chrysler Capital, how long did it take to receive the lease paperwork/online enrollment information from Chrysler Capital? I leased my Jeep at the end of May and my first lease payment is due soon but haven't received anything yet.
Sponsored

EvanSG

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just a quick question. My dealer said that i could lift a leased JL Rubicon as long as i keep the stock stuff. Is this true?

FLAFIRE

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon & JL Rubi Stingray
Looking for a monthly price point I should be in.
36mos 12K/year Lease on a LJUR
invoice minus dealer holdback was price offered
Orig price was $48,570 My Price is $43,934 minus appl tax and i have a tag to transfer.
have excellent credit but was told Chryslers best rate is 4.9% APR due to JL sales skyrocketing
Waht should my total payments (with Florida sales tax) be with zero, $1000 or even $2000 down? figured its around $17 saved per month per 1000$ down correct?? Thanks

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I used to sell cars for about 20 years and breaking down a lease without the actual dealer network to type it into is pretty to estimate. (I’m sure there are guys on here that can. Edmunds forum has a couple guys that are really good but it’s hard to get a response back. If this help, a good ballpark is to use the configurator on Jeeps website. When you’re done go to the “calculate payments. Adjust your money down, dealer discount, terms, etc...
When it gives you your monthly payment add $50 to it. (On a lease taxes are on the monthly payment not the purchase price and it’s not included in the payment it calculates) your monthly payment should be within $20-$30 dollars of that amount.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for a monthly price point I should be in.
36mos 12K/year Lease on a LJUR
invoice minus dealer holdback was price offered
Orig price was $48,570 My Price is $43,934 minus appl tax and i have a tag to transfer.
have excellent credit but was told Chryslers best rate is 4.9% APR due to JL sales skyrocketing
Waht should my total payments (with Florida sales tax) be with zero, $1000 or even $2000 down? figured its around $17 saved per month per 1000$ down correct?? Thanks
1. Get the app Leasematic ... definitely worth the $2 to calculate payments
2. Don’t put money down on a lease ... you can lose I’d totaled.
3. RV is based on location. I don’t know RV for FL.
4. As highlighted above, Edmunds has great lease info.
5. I’m going to lease a sport vs Rubi because resid is likely 5% higher for sport.

Sponsored

pryncetrose

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler Unlimited Sport
I didn't see this thread and I posted this is another thread a week ago. This is a Lease offer I was giving on a JL unlimted.hardtop, keyless entry, power windows and locks.

They would only drop the price to$36,000 from $36,492. This offer was with $700 some down, which includes first month payment. I'm sure there is leverage in that price as the salemen's wanted to give me 5% but his manager said no.

I will probably counter offer this week to see if they'll budge.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see this thread and I posted this is another thread a week ago. This is a Lease offer I was giving on a JL unlimted.hardtop, keyless entry, power windows and locks.

They would only drop the price to$36,000 from $36,492. This offer was with $700 some down, which includes first month payment. I'm sure there is leverage in that price as the salemen's wanted to give me 5% but his manager said no.

I’m a broken record. With FCA lease, make sure dealer isn’t marking up MF and Acq fee and doc fees are reasonable. And, then negotiate well on buy price (cap).
- $785 is Acq fee ... looks like they are marketing up. I wouldn’t pay more than the $585. I think it’s $585.
- Assume sport s and 36/10 based on 74% RV? If so, 74% is right. It should spell out 30k miles. Did I miss that?
- MF, RV look right
- negotiate better on the price and shoot for 5-10% below MSRP

Each $1k negotiated off MsRP is $20-30/mo.

And paying full taxes on buy price vs the 26% of Jeep you use for 3 years stinks. I’m glad Illinois changed to tax only on cap - RV.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Also, you are in Ohio? Per Leasematic app, you don’t pay sales tax on cap, but rather cap-RV ... that’s a $20/mo(?) delta.

pryncetrose

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m a broken record. With FCA lease, make sure dealer isn’t marking up MF and Acq fee and doc fees are reasonable. And, then negotiate well on buy price (cap).
- $785 is Acq fee ... looks like they are marketing up. I wouldn’t pay more than the $585. I think it’s $585.
- Assume sport s and 36/10 based on 74% RV? If so, 74% is right. It should spell out 30k miles. Did I miss that?
- MF, RV look right
- negotiate better on the price and shoot for 5-10% below MSRP

Each $1k negotiated off MsRP is $20-30/mo.

And paying full taxes on buy price vs the 26% of Jeep you use for 3 years stinks. I’m glad Illinois changed to tax only on cap - RV.
I need to work on my negotiation skills better. I haven't been able to get them to budge much off the invoice price. I work from home, so I do 10k mile a month on leasing.

I'm going to another dealership Friday looking at this. They said they're doing there best deals this weekend as its the end of the month. So we will see.
https://www.northgatechryslerdodgej...ncinnati-6ef9ae1c0a0e0a177bf67da21b3e7be5.htm

Kmstivers

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Lease Offer I have received on a 2018 Sahara JL Unlimited. How’s this sound? I’m in Ohio if that matters.

MSRP: $47,615
Sale Price: $43,843
MF: .00214

42 months
15K per year
63% Residual ($29,997.45)

$0 down - not even first payment due

$542.92 per month

I have credit over 810. This MF seems high, no?

Is the sale price in line with what most of you are seeing, or how much more room do you think they have?

Sponsored

Absame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
That’s the money factor I just got with similar credit. The current official rate seems to be a mystery. I got 6.5% under invoice on a sport s, which was about 11.5% under msrp.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I need to work on my negotiation skills better. I haven't been able to get them to budge much off the invoice price. I work from home, so I do 10k mile a month on leasing.

I'm going to another dealership Friday looking at this. They said they're doing there best deals this weekend as its the end of the month. So we will see.
https://www.northgatechryslerdodgej...ncinnati-6ef9ae1c0a0e0a177bf67da21b3e7be5.htm
I think you posted on Edmunds too ... I use them as my reference so I trust their responses. U may be able to squeeze another $500-1000 off MsRP.
Also, Sahara RV stinks vs Rubi or sport ... I plan to lease a sport s for silly high RV.

pryncetrose

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you posted on Edmunds too ... I use them as my reference so I trust their responses. U may be able to squeeze another $500-1000 off MsRP.
Also, Sahara RV stinks vs Rubi or sport ... I plan to lease a sport s for silly high RV.
I best I’ve been hearing is around about 500-1000 off. Or they continue to only discuss the monthly. The dealerships around me seem to continue manual sports with the basic in them. Or a Sport s with a couple upgrade packages pricing around 36-38k.

I was looking to be at 34-35k sport S w/ cold weather group and hardtop.

FishyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
For those that leased through Chrysler Capital, how long did it take to receive the lease paperwork/online enrollment information from Chrysler Capital? I leased my Jeep at the end of May and my first lease payment is due soon but haven't received anything yet.
Took me about 5 weeks. I called a few times and they said they didn’t see my VIN in their system, so I just waited. My first bill showed two payments due, payment for month 2 and month 3 (month 1 was paid at delivery).

FishyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Lease Offer I have received on a 2018 Sahara JL Unlimited. How’s this sound? I’m in Ohio if that matters.

MSRP: $47,615
Sale Price: $43,843
MF: .00214

42 months
15K per year
63% Residual ($29,997.45)

$0 down - not even first payment due

$542.92 per month

I have credit over 810. This MF seems high, no?

Is the sale price in line with what most of you are seeing, or how much more room do you think they have?
A reduction in MF to .00208 and a decrease in selling price to 42500 (11% discount from MSRP) saves you about $40/month. I don’t know CCAP base Tier 1 MF this month but I recall it being at or close to .00208 (4.99%). Related to MSRP, others have been at the 10-11% discount range. The numbers seem correct from a calculation standpoint.

I have had good luck using the calculator below to see how any further negotiation would impact the total lease cost.
https://leasehackr.com/calculator/
Sponsored