Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
The actions of the police also put the public's safety at risk at times. Sometimes the safer action and the greater good is not too pursue, not to shoot, to let your pride take a hit. It's time we hold everyone accountable for their actions and stop justifying bad decisions and mistakes with what ifs, I thinks, jobs hard, etc.

One bad cop ruins a department and a department protecting a bad cop ruins the entire profession.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1230421

If cops want to know why people don't like them, are skeptical of them, fear them, etc. they need only to look to their colleagues actions in many cases.

If cops want credibility with the public they only need to apply the law to everyone equally, including their colleagues, and when/if they make a mistake - own it. It is what responsible people do everyday.
Yea but Dave, this guy was allegedly a suspect in a double homicide. If those 2 dead people were your loved ones would you prefer they give up the pursuit and say " we'll get him next time".
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Ride alongs are a great eye opener for those who think they know what we do for a living. They get to experience a glimpse of the bullshit and all the paperwork first hand.

Re dying in service: it’s not because we gave our life, it’s because the asshole perp found a way to STEAL it and unjustly TOOK life from us.
Yep. These days it seems like nobody likes us until they need us.

For all of those screaming, “disband the police,” I say “FINE. Then you deal with the psychotic, violent and deranged career criminal who’s broken into your loved one’s bedroom at 2am, has a meat cleaver, is blood thirsty and wants to bind, maim, rape, torture, kill and then feast on human flesh. You deal with it and let me know how that goes.”
Most cops are individuals like yourself who’re trying to make an honest living and actually do have the public’s best interest at heart. They want the communities that they police to feel safe/be safe and do want to go home after a shift is over. Sadly, not every cop gets to.

Are there bad cops? Of course. People are people but the number of bad ones pale in comparison to all the good ones. Then again, can’t the same be said about people in any profession?
I'm right with ya again Kev, I laugh at these people that don't want cops at all. They don't understand that it'd be like The Walking Dead without the zombies. Lawlessness and guys like Neegan killing, enslaving, raping and running your life if your lucky enough to live.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Yea but Dave, this guy was allegedly a suspect in a double homicide. If those 2 dead people were your loved ones would you prefer they give up the pursuit and say " we'll get him next time".
Steve,

My name is David. Not Dave.

Link? Article I read said battery.

BTW. Yes, no sense risking another life over one already lost. Not gonna bring them back.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Steve,

My name is David. Not Dave.

Link? Article I read said battery.

BTW. Yes, no sense risking another life over one already lost. Not gonna bring them back.
Sorry David but I have to disagree.

I’m going off of what others have posted earlier in this thread.

You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re telling me had this person been a murder suspect they should have let him go without pursuit?

WOW

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re telling me had this person been a murder suspect they should have let him go without pursuit?

WOW
Yes Steve, I wouldn't condone risking your families life to avenge mine. But you being willing to risk mine to avenge yours communicates plenty.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The dude just flipped his vehicle. He was likely in shock and potentially injured. What they did was potentially life threatening if he had a spinal injury (which even he wouldn’t be able to tell).
Just because he ran doesn’t mean the cops have a blank check to do whatever they want.

Your making your assumptions after watching the video ten times and criticizing every detail. Much different when your on the ground with no way to hit stop or play back to correct mistakes. What if the guy came out shooting? Bottom line just pull over very simple

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Was this recent? If it was, amazing a cop would kneel on a suspects neck.

20200609_204732.jpg

When was the last time you were in that position?? Probably never, have a responsible life and you won't be in that position

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The actions of the police also put the public's safety at risk at times. Sometimes the safer action and the greater good is not too pursue, not to shoot, to let your pride take a hit. It's time we hold everyone accountable for their actions and stop justifying bad decisions and mistakes with what ifs, I thinks, jobs hard, etc.

One bad cop ruins a department and a department protecting a bad cop ruins the entire profession.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1230421

If cops want to know why people don't like them, are skeptical of them, fear them, etc. they need only to look to their colleagues actions in many cases.

If cops want credibility with the public they only need to apply the law to everyone equally, including their colleagues, and when/if they make a mistake - own it. It is what responsible people do everyday.

Dave you talk as if there aren't any criminals in the world . I work in the Bronx and the nice cops wouldn't last a day there. Fear keeps the hard core criminals in line where as we see it as excessive

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
When was the last time you were in that position?? Probably never, have a responsible life and you won't be in that position
That's not true and you must know it. A responsible life doesn't preclude a police encounter where your on the losing end. Plenty of people get arrested and are then found innocent. Police departments routinely pay out on lawsuits because they do bad things and make mistakes to people who don't deserve it.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
For those who believe that:
1) we should just let suspected felons just run away and not have cops chase and/or
2) that the removal of this suspect in the manner performed was “clearly not necessary”

read this:

https://www.local10.com/news/local/...-be-related-to-2-murders-in-lauderdale-beach/

notice the alleged death threats, two dead bodies, and the “multiple edged weapons” in the vehicle? Notice the part about the mental health issues and one mans account of of a violent encounter.

yep. The police should have just let him go I, guess. But, if not, they should have just left him in his Jeep, with his weapons, for hours and hours until he maybe killed himself with his weapons? And then, of course, the police would have another entire set of folks suggesting that simply leaving him in the car was some kind of problem too.
Sponsored