JL key fob alternative

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I think all the good ideas are dumped as quickly as possible and the contemporary replacement are duds . You would think 2 batteries under the hood would be surely an obsolete design of distant past but someone thought the revenue for FCA would go up by creating an electronic circus nobody can easily figure out

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
The ideal thing would be to clone your key fob to a smart phone. Or a nice looking wrist band that acts as a FOB. Their are places online that can do FOB clones that I have been looking into.

A bit off topic... once I started the car, decided I wanted a different coat, changed and was a mile away before I realized I left the key FOB at home. I had to get to the UPS store to mail something so I kept going.

Lucky I remembered to turn off the auto shut off feature or I think I would be stalled at the first light. I got to the UPS store which was about 10 miles away, kept the car running while in the store and then drove home. Very stressful.

I would never forget my phone like that. I believe Teslas are use Smart phones instead of key FOBs.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
This is starting to happen in the new IOS 14 software for iphone. It will certainly be brand dependent but it's certainly doable. I believe IOS is starting with BMW in the beta

The ideal thing would be to clone your key fob to a smart phone. Or a nice looking wrist band that acts as a FOB. Their are places online that can do FOB clones that I have been looking into.

A bit off topic... once I started the car, decided I wanted a different coat, changed and was a mile away before I realized I left the key FOB at home. I had to get to the UPS store to mail something so I kept going.

Lucky I remembered to turn off the auto shut off feature or I think I would be stalled at the first light. I got to the UPS store which was about 10 miles away, kept the car running while in the store and then drove home. Very stressful.

I would never forget my phone like that. I believe Teslas are use Smart phones instead of key FOBs.
Sponsored