JL keeps throwing codes

Wharfrat42

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
2021 JL manual. less than a 1000 miles on it. Its not my daily. Since day one I had to slam on the clutch to get the Jeep to start. Got worse over time and was in contact with the dealer and was going to schedule an appointment to bring it in. Then as I am siting outside my accountants house with the Jeep running it started throwing codes and essentially turn off. I was not able to start the vehicle back up and had to have it towed. The codes at that time was P083f Clutch pedal switch and p0137 O2 sensor. The dealer replaced both and Jeep ran fine for a couple of weeks. Now its throwing out P083f again along with P0171 and P2096. So i have an appointment to drop it off sunday night. I am hoping I dont lose all power again. Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

xj884x4

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78CJ5, 88XJ, 97ZJ, 02WJ, 04WJ, 05TJ, 19JLUS
Mine throws P083F intermittently - was almost daily and dropped to a few times a month. Dealer replaced clutch position switch, didn't fix it. I contacted a Jeep engineer directly, did some major googling to get name/# and his suggestion was to remove the rubber grommet on the firewall that keeps the pedal from hitting it. Seemed to help some with the hard to start condition and possibly with the random code throwing.

xj884x4

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78CJ5, 88XJ, 97ZJ, 02WJ, 04WJ, 05TJ, 19JLUS
As a follow up, last 6 mos I'm getting the P083F code at least once a week again. I'm out of warranty and even if I was in I probably wouldn't bother, both of my local dealers are incompetent, don't listen and have yet to fix any of my codes to date, despite input with Jeep Cares that only got me 2 free oil changes :facepalm:
Sponsored