Sponsored

JL/JLU Wrangler 2.0L Turbo Gets 368 HP (Source: FCA docs to NHTSA)!

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
I'd like to see the torque number on that 2.0. I've wished I could have the 3.5 Ecoboost from my Ford Transit in my JK. It has 300hp and 400lb of torque, and moves the big 15 passenger van with authority, while getting good fuel economy. This 2.0 sounds even meaner. Man, I wish they'd offer the 6 speed with it, if it really puts up that kind of hp. I'd expect torque to be better than 300lbs, and maybe even push 400. That would be a BEAST and would make me reconsider my current favorite V6/manual.
So if you were buying a Rubicon Jl 2018 you would buy
Don't forget the improved power/weight ratio as I assume this will be much lighter than the V6.
if you were buying a new Rubicon Jl 2018 you would go with the 2.0 vs V6 based on performance hp torgue are you concerned 1generation and resale vale . Confused which way to go . It seems most folks would go with 2.0 . Better performance out on trails ? More torque? Pls explain
Sponsored

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
a lot can be done with turbocharged engines, but its not cheap!!! don't expect too much from the FCA 2.0T except better torque + prolly mpg's. the latter being the reason for its development. direct injection allows higher cylinder pressure without pinging + cylinder pressure is the bottom line for better torque, its the reason an 11 to 1 comp ratio can run on piss gas, that + of course the electronics on todays engines!!

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
a lot can be done with turbocharged engines, but its not cheap!!! don't expect too much from the FCA 2.0T except better torque + prolly mpg's. the latter being the reason for its development. direct injection allows higher cylinder pressure without pinging + cylinder pressure is the bottom line for better torque, its the reason an 11 to 1 comp ratio can run on piss gas, that + of course the electronics on todays engines!!
Which engine would you go with on a unlimited 2.0 or v6

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
3.0 Ecodiesel. If you're willing to wait.

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
for me it would be the proven V-6 that should get some needed upgrades!! if the 2.0T proves to reliable in the future i would go that route. i would NOT order the 2.0 blindly as FCA is quite thrifty + i really don't think the 2.0T will be that good, but time will tell!! diesels are great for long distance + towing + have a lot of hidden costs to operate $$$$. again a new clean sheet diesel can have teething issues. sure there are warranties, but a lot of horror stories using them + possible being without a ride while repairs take place, BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
So if you were buying a Rubicon Jl 2018 you would buy

if you were buying a new Rubicon Jl 2018 you would go with the 2.0 vs V6 based on performance hp torgue are you concerned 1generation and resale vale . Confused which way to go . It seems most folks would go with 2.0 . Better performance out on trails ? More torque? Pls explain
Lol, you pulled a post from WAY back, before we knew much. The 2.0/auto is at least 44lbs heavier than the v6/manual, for one. Also, the horsepower wound up a bit less than what I expected. Anyway, I think it will be a great engine, but I went with the V6/manual and would never look back. The manual is SOOOOOOO good, and the gears are well matched. I'm now running 35's with the 4.10 gears, and it has plenty of power. It is a hoot on a twisty road where you have to go through the gears.

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a manual is a deal breaker for sure!! no manual no sale!!! that said i would bet there WILL be issues with the new slushbox!!!!
Sponsored