Sponsored

JL/JLU Wrangler 2.0L Turbo Gets 368 HP (Source: FCA docs to NHTSA)!

jeepney123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Train Set
This would make the Hurricane the second most powerful V4 on the market, right behind Mercedes AMG CLA/GLA 45.

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Why post documents that are not confirmed then
Good luck getting FCA to confirm anything about the JL. If we relied on them for info we'd know nothing at this point. Seeing that this is on the NHTSA website and from FCA themselves we at least know this is not a falsified doc. If it's a typo that's some seriously careless shit by FCA. They even highlighted it. That said I agree with everyone 368 out of a 2.0 is really hard to believe.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
This news completely kills the Pentastar for me, if true. I just MUST have more power. I know, I know, I'm a staunch diesel guy, but patience is running thin & I actually started thinking V6/Manual...

I'll ride this one out and see.
Noooo! You and I are pretty much the only two people on this forum who want the diesel! Don't leave me!

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I'm calling bullshit on this story. The numbers just don't add up.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I'm calling bullshit on this story. The numbers just don't add up.
You are very likely to be correct in doing so. I find it very hard to believe that FCA will get a 2.0 I4 to 368 HP. FCA reliability alone is highly questionable as it is. Add a 368 horsepower turbo 2 liter to the equation, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Big typo. The Focus RS, WRX STI and Golf R are all running 4 cyl Turbos with less power on premium unleaded. There is no way they would release a Wrangler with that much boost. A good tuner might make that much but no way the stock JL 2.0 will do that. Stick a 2 in place of the 3 and you are about right on regular gas.

Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
There are so many leaks happening left and right now that they are finalizing this. I’m sure a picture could leak at really any moment

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally! A hurricane worth waiting for! Dear God, please please let this be true! Pinch me, I think I must be dreaming...:involve::dance::please:
Keep dreaming. 368 hp from a 2 liter turbo four cylinder in a Jeep is impossible.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Admin should take this mistaken sheet down. The Fiat 1.4 liter turbo makes 160 hp on 93 octane fuel. About 116 hp per liter. The 2.0 turbo should be making 232 hp by that calculation. So 268 is plausible with more psi of boost. Even so that engine would need premium gas to hit those numbers. The 4 cyl are inline 4 cylinders. There is no V4 don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Sponsored