First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
Retired X 2 = 23 years USAF + 23 years IT
FWIW, I found the angles and ground clearance in the Dimensions and Capacities section of the All Standard Features section of the Build Tool Summary page.

Clearance is 9.7" for the Sport, 10.0" for the Safari, and 10.8" for the Rubicon.

BFG Specs:
LT285/70R17/C 116/113Q
RIM WIDTH RANGE (MIN/MAX)
7.5" - 9"
SECTION WIDTH ON MEASURING RIM WIDTH
11.5" ON 8.5"
OVERALL DIAMETER
REVS/MI
TREAD DEPTH (IN 32NDS)
MAX LOAD, SINGLE (LB @ PSI)
2755@50
TIRE WEIGHT

Section width on a 7.5" wheel is probably going to be closer to 11" (285 mm is 11.22")
Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Look at where the rear door-line comes down between the 2 photos. Definitely different between sport and rubicon.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The rear fender flares definitely appear different between Sport and Rubi.

Does anyone have access to Jeep parts catalogs? That would most likely show two different part numbers.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I like it as is, way too big a gap IMO on the rear photoshopped pic.
Saw a JL in person and yeah the fender difference is not bad at all. The side profile pictures def make it stick out more. Only thing I still didn't like in person was the soft top side windows. They are too big and doesn't follow the door window lines; also it screams to thieves, "HI, LOOK AT WHAT I GOT BACK HERE FOR YOU!" :bandit:. So soft top = need lock boxes that are Al Gore approved...lol.

Aside from that gripe its all good!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Only thing I still didn't like in person was the soft top side windows. They are too big and doesn't follow the door window lines
Did you see a production soft top at a dealer? I recall Best Top telling us that the rear quarter window will be aligned with the rear door window on production tops. At least, I hope so. All the 2 door soft tops seemed aligned but not the 4 door.

Have we seen any soft tops arrive at dealers yet? It seems all the pics I've seen at dealers are hardtops.

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Both the JL and JLU Rubicon specs at 10.8" of ground clearance vs 9.7" on the Sport.

If it has a 1" suspension lift, then the rolling radius of the Rubicon tires is only 0.1" greater than the Sport tires... right?

I suspect most of the additional height is due to the tires, with some due to higher rate coil springs (meaning it rides at a higher level within the same travel). I could be wrong, but I don't believe it has a "lift."
How do you figure? Ground clearance has nothing to do with suspension. You can lift a jeep 10" but if it has stock tires, ground clearance will be the same because only larger tires will lift the diffs up and they are the lowest point...

VRC Magazine

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
How do you figure? Ground clearance has nothing to do with suspension. You can lift a jeep 10" but if it has stock tires, ground clearance will be the same because only larger tires will lift the diffs up and they are the lowest point...
Correct, the tires give the Rubicon the extra clearance.
Sponsored