Sponsored

JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It)

Steel vs 7075 Aluminum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
@F800 Princess Auto has moving blankets and a cheap heat gun on sale if you need those too.
Installing this upcoming weekend if all goes to plan. Picking up a moving blanket tomorrow, thanks for the tip.
Sponsored

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Having trouble getting the seat u connected to the electric connector. Any tips?

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
Having trouble getting the seat u connected to the electric connector. Any tips?
Its a bit of a pain, I can't remember off the top of my head. you have to slide the yellow or red part back and then just squeeze it. Once you get it, it will seem simple. I struggled with that too.

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Ok, got mine installed. 5/5, this really does make the jeep way way better to drive. I went with the full 2” drop, but after an hour driving decided to removed the front 2 jackets. for me, it’s way more comfortable now. I’ll post a detailed review after I live with it for a while.

Thanks DII!

Sponsored

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone less than 6' using the option 2?
My wife is 5’10” and she has no issues driving it daily with the 2” drop.

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
After perusing this thread for the last couple of days, I ordered the full 2" drop. My neck thanks you, the top of my head thanks you, and my back thanks you. I'll be going into the new year with a better perspective in the Jeep.

bgenesis12

First Name
Genesis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4 Door Diesel
My wife is 5’10” and she has no issues driving it daily with the 2” drop.
I’m 5’11”. I wish I could lower the seat more for comfort. So I ordered the option 2 drop. The good this is that it comes with spacers so I can push up if needed.

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m 5’11”. I wish I could lower the seat more for comfort. So I ordered the option 2 drop. The good this is that it comes with spacers so I can push up if needed.
With the full 2" drop you'll be able to drop it right down and you also have the spaces to raise it up a bit if you find the 2" too low. I think it will work out for you.

Six8Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Rubicon 392, 21 GMC 1500 AT4
@j7mm9 As someone who's had both I much prefer the seat slammers. The big boy brackets from Misch 4x4 were nice but they do raise you up the thickness of the brackets. So if your head is close to the roof or roll bar it will make it worse, but you will have more leg room. With the brackets I have a much better driving position, more leg room and don't have to hunch over to see out the front. Just my $0.02

@YJGUY I know this is a fairly old thread but I just ordered the Seat Slammers. I'm 6'8 and 400 so I'm a giant guy too. I definitely need the head room because I'm right on the speaker bar but my main pain is from my right knee being pressed into the dash.. Did these seat slammers help with leg room?

Thanks!

Sponsored

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
@YJGUY I know this is a fairly old thread but I just ordered the Seat Slammers. I'm 6'8 and 400 so I'm a giant guy too. I definitely need the head room because I'm right on the speaker bar but my main pain is from my right knee being pressed into the dash.. Did these seat slammers help with leg room?

Thanks!
I'm 6'4" and they definitely helped me with legroom. You should go with the full 2" drop option (I'm using about 1.5" inches of drop). Worst case scenario, if the Seat Slammers don't do enough for you, you could probably find a way to make them work in combination with a set of Big Boy Brackets - you'll probably just need to swap out some of the hardware. If you need to go down that road, PM me - I still have the Big Boy Brackets I took off of mine prior to installing the Seat Slammers, and I'll sell them to you cheap.

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks!

Yes, they help with the leg room and angle that your leg is at as well. Its still not perfect but that's just due to the way the centre stack is. When we first bought the Jeep I thought I was doomed. After an hours drive my right leg/knee was in so much pain due to the angle. Big boy brackets helped that as I could move farther back, but they made the head room worse as they raise you up the thickness of the brackets.

As @TheMAnderson said above, start with the seat slammers all the way to the 2" drop. That should help out quite a lot and they move you down and back because of the front seat jackers you use in the kit. It changes the angle of you leg and also offers some thigh support as the seat ends up in more of a V shape. If you still need more room add the big boy brackets. I'm 6'6" and don't need the big boy brackets any more.

Hope you report back to see if it works out for you.

Six8Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Rubicon 392, 21 GMC 1500 AT4
Yes, they help with the leg room and angle that your leg is at as well. Its still not perfect but that's just due to the way the centre stack is. When we first bought the Jeep I thought I was doomed. After an hours drive my right leg/knee was in so much pain due to the angle. Big boy brackets helped that as I could move farther back, but they made the head room worse as they raise you up the thickness of the brackets.

As @TheMAnderson said above, start with the seat slammers all the way to the 2" drop. That should help out quite a lot and they move you down and back because of the front seat jackers you use in the kit. It changes the angle of you leg and also offers some thigh support as the seat ends up in more of a V shape. If you still need more room add the big boy brackets. I'm 6'6" and don't need the big boy brackets any more.

Hope you report back to see if it works out for you.
Whelp tackled it today. Man what a world of difference!! I’m actually excited to drive the jeep now. Having the 392 I was super bummed but we bought it because it will mainly be my wife driving as I have a daily. But now with me fitting comfortably I will be driving all the time!

thanks everyone for the guidance. Definitely a two person job to help hold the seat while cutting but we knocked it out pretty quick.

thanks @DesertDoesIt for making an incredible product!

javooroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (BJ)
Hey all - I live in Phoenix. I currently have the big boy seat extender and while it add tons of leg room but not i'm too close to the roof. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area that has this mod? I would love to sit in the seat to see how it feel before deciding to go this route. Thanks

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
Hey all - I live in Phoenix. I currently have the big boy seat extender and while it add tons of leg room but not i'm too close to the roof. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area that has this mod? I would love to sit in the seat to see how it feel before deciding to go this route. Thanks
I am near the 101 and i17
Sponsored