Sponsored

JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It)

Steel vs 7075 Aluminum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
Mine are already in town, maybe I'll get them tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210623-102859.jpg
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
Oh man!!! I ordered the second you posted they were up... I didn’t know there was a discount code! 😫😫
I didn't even wait to see the discount code 😣😣 either. Ugg I got to keep track of more threads :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I missed the first batch.

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Be sure to watch the video install before your Seat Slammers arrive. Once your package arrives, please thoroughly read the provided directions before you start the install.

Install Video

Feedback on the instructions as well as the Seat Slammers themselves is very welcome.

Thanks again,
Steve
DDI

Bee_eye_gee

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
@DesertDoesIt, damn! Looks like I missed the first run! Website says next run is for August. Is there any way to pre-purchase?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Got mine today.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) IMG_20210624_144032
That was fast!! Looks good, let me know if you have any questions.

@DesertDoesIt, damn! Looks like I missed the first run! Website says next run is for August. Is there any way to pre-purchase?
Once we get feedback we will start production on the next batch. I'll open up another presale next week for those that want to buy early.

We are at the Outside Adventure Expo this weekend so if anyone is in the Salt Lake City UT area, come find our booth.

Steve
DDI

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

You guys are killing me, lol. Every time I see an update to this thread I get excited to see a video or real-world experience or something and it's just y'all saying yours are shipped, haha.

I NEEDZ THA VIDZ!!

Draughtsman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went with Option 2. One thing I wish I knew before I started, is to engage the threads of the M10 bolt that secures the right side seat rail to the right front Seat Jacker block **first**. The angle for that right front bolt is nowhere near perpendicular. Spent an hour trying to get that bolt started by hand, figuring if I used a ratchet there was a real good chance it would cross thread. Finally realized I had to pick up the entire seat & rails, especially the the left side (so I could see) and propped it up with a well placed chunk of 2x4. Once that right front bolt was started, took out the wood support and the other three attachment points were a piece of cake. All in all, a well spent Sunday.

Sponsored

Albert95

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranglwr JLU Sahara
I went with option 2 for the 2" drop. Got it done on saturday and drove around sunday. It was more comfortable than expected. Followed the video that DDI linked in this thread.
Love it! thanks DDI!

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Went with Option 2. All in all, a well spent Sunday.
I went with option 2 for the 2" drop. It was more comfortable than expected.
So I tried the standard 1-1/4 front riser bracket but it kicked my wifes knees up so tall she couldnt confidently hit the gas pedal, not to mention she was scooted all the way forward. (She is 5' nothin). How does this 2" drop bracket work for you two? Does it feel like it moves you down lower in the seat towards the floor or just tilts you back some?

I see the DDI video showing that you can still jack the set up/down but it is hard to tell if it will work for a shorter individual see over the hood jacked down or reach the pedals jacked up.

Albert95

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranglwr JLU Sahara
So I tried the standard 1-1/4 front riser bracket but it kicked my wifes knees up so tall she couldnt confidently hit the gas pedal, not to mention she was scooted all the way forward. (She is 5' nothin). How does this 2" drop bracket work for you two? Does it feel like it moves you down lower in the seat towards the floor or just tilts you back some?

I see the DDI video showing that you can still jack the set up/down but it is hard to tell if it will work for a shorter individual see over the hood jacked down or reach the pedals jacked up.
It tilts me back some and the back end of the seat is closer to the ground. It gives me better headroom and a better view of the road. my GF is 5' nothing and I expect her to fumble with the seat adjustment for height if she ever gets the blessing of driving my JL.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
It tilts me back some and the back end of the seat is closer to the ground. It gives me better headroom and a better view of the road. my GF is 5' nothing and I expect her to fumble with the seat adjustment for height if she ever gets the blessing of driving my JL.
HAHA. If she does get the blessing, let me know how it works out for her. I would hate to cut my brackets and lose my DD.

Draughtsman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does this 2" drop bracket work for you two? Does it feel like it moves you down lower in the seat towards the floor or just tilts you back some?
To be honest it's a little of both. My line of sight is definitely better now (I'm 6'5" w most of height in torso). And yes it does feel like the entire seat is tilted back (which it is) and with three pedals that is going to take a little getting used to. So far so good.
Sponsored