Sponsored

JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It)

Steel vs 7075 Aluminum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bigcolt45

First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I drove my 6’9” boss around on Friday. I felt like I was driving a Honda Civic. Please take my money!
Sponsored

Albert95

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranglwr JLU Sahara
Im interested but not saavy enough to install it myself, will they come with instructions I can take to a shop and have them install it?

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
We can assume it will absolutely come with instructions. And I hope someone will even do a ‘non professional” install video

Im interested but not saavy enough to install it myself, will they come with instructions I can take to a shop and have them install it?
They will absolutely come with instructions. All we have to do is cut through the seat frame basically. Should be extremely straight forw

Bigcolt45

First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
We can assume it will absolutely come with instructions. And I hope someone will even do a ‘non professional” install video

They will absolutely come with instructions. All we have to do is cut through the seat frame basically. Should be extremely straight forw

And like you said. It won’t be for the faint of heart. But they will sale like hot cakes as soon as people see my big a$$ get out of my Jeep comfortably.

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
And like you said. It won’t be for the faint of heart. But they will sale like hot cakes as soon as people see my big a$$ get out of my Jeep comfortably.
You’re damn right. The only time in my entire life I wish I wasn’t this tall was when I first got the jeep. That said, I choose to stick with it, besides, what else am I gonna drive? 😂.

This mod will improve my life dramatically though

Sponsored

Albert95

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranglwr JLU Sahara
You’re damn right. The only time in my entire life I wish I wasn’t this tall was when I first got the jeep. That said, I choose to stick with it, besides, what else am I gonna drive? 😂.

This mod will improve my life dramatically though
Forgive me if this is a dumb question - but making this mod: would it alter the seats safety? like if I get into a crash would the back side of the seat being lowered not be able to handle as much stress as the factory configuration and come apart? or is it a non issue and im over thinking it. Im just trying to think of all angles on how this could be a negative thing to mod in the car.

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Forgive me if this is a dumb question - but making this mod: would it alter the seats safety? like if I get into a crash would the back side of the seat being lowered not be able to handle as much stress as the factory configuration and come apart? or is it a non issue and im over thinking it. Im just trying to think of all angles on how this could be a negative thing to mod in the car.
It’s an excellent question. And the only answer is Possibly. But the way I understand it is that the seat belt keeps you in place, not the bolted chair.

Bigcolt45

First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
It’s an excellent question. And the only answer is Possibly. But the way I understand it is that the seat belt keeps you in place, not the bolted chair.
I’ll add. As with any after market upgrade. The owner assumes all responsibility. For example a 3” lift will definitely alter your stability and center of gravity. If you study the way they are building this adapter. The adapter is definitely more hardcore than the factory tab.

Sponsored

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Same -- Any update?

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Hey guys sorry for the delayed reply.

We are finishing field testing this week. With any luck they will go into production next week.

Once field testing is done, I will get a pre sale page going.

Thanks for your patience,
Steve
Desert Does It

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
So all this time you were testing the product right?
Sponsored