Sponsored

JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It)

Steel vs 7075 Aluminum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
Just went out to take some pics and can confirm that fallowing the instructions on my 2 door I missed the rivet. I'm fairly certain I would have drilled right through that if it was in the way. I'd like to think otherwise but I doubt I would have noticed and it would be gone if it was in the way.

Including the side of the seat touching the side of the jeep too. I'm not too worried about it, it's only touching the bottom and it had to be super close in stock config. That air bag opens upwards and there's a gap there I'm sure it's fine.

I think with some padding on the sound bar this is going to be as comfortable as I'm going to be in an automobile. My head is kind of in-between the headrest and the sound bar. If I really stretch out my head can still touch the roof with my butt fully flat in the seat all the way down with the 2" drop, I'm a freak.

PXL_20210827_201727146.jpg

PXL_20210827_201659587.jpg
Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Just now finding this thread. I'm also a super long torso guy & my head hits the sound bar.

Couple of questions for you all:
1. For those of you with shorter wives - can they still pump the seat bottom up enough to be comfortable to drive? Mine is 5' 7" so not super short.

2. Any issues with rear sear passengers & the exposed sharp edges on the seat rail?

Howhow

First Name
Howhow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sport
Just now finding this thread. I'm also a super long torso guy & my head hits the sound bar.

1. For those of you with shorter wives - can they still pump the seat bottom up enough to be comfortable to drive? Mine is 5' 7" so not super short.

2. Any issues with rear sear passengers & the exposed sharp edges on the seat rail?
Yes, mine is the same height and after some gruffing about pumping the seat it does work well enough. Maybe not for an extended trip but well enough for around town.

As far as the back seat I have the mopar liners and zero issues. More of an issue to find someone small enough that would fit comfortably.

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S

Get a file, sandpaper and there will be no sharp edges.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Well, everything is back together and it seems I have full travel on the seat with no problems. It was tricky getting the seat rails bolted back to where they belong - there is a little pin that inserts into the frame at the front-middle bolt location and once I noticed that it all came together.

In addition to the instructions needing to clarify that the original hardware is to be used up front for the 1.5" drop of Option 1, I think they should remind you to plug the seat electrical back in before bolting it down. I also found that it helped to take the head rest off while cutting the rails so the seat didn't rock around as much.

I bought a jeep 4 months ago specifically because I knew there would be a solution to me being too tall for it. After the test drive, I can say that all other reviewers are spot on: I finally feel like I am sitting IN my Jeep! Thank you, Desert Does It!

Now, to celebrate
Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) PXL_20210827_201659587
I saw the Beer and realized you're local to me, I'd love to check this out in person, my wife keeps telling me I should get it but not sure without sitting in it first.

Sponsored

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet Silver Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone know if there is a new coupon code .. the JLWFORUM10 not longer seems to be working. Was going to take the plunge for my JT.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Anyone know if there is a new coupon code .. the JLWFORUM10 not longer seems to be working. Was going to take the plunge for my JT.
I just checked it myself and it didn't work for me either

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
I just checked it myself and it didn't work for me either
Hey guys, sorry about that. It's fixed and functioning now.

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
Ordered as well. Thanks!

Sponsored

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Hello all,

how long would you estimate it takes to bolt things in and finish putting the seat in?

it’s starting to get cold here in canada, and where I’m at there is only street parking so I’d be installing outside on a sidewalk.

thanks guys!

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
Hello all,

how long would you estimate it takes to bolt things in and finish putting the seat in?

it’s starting to get cold here in canada, and where I’m at there is only street parking so I’d be installing outside on a sidewalk.

thanks guys!
If you're going to do it properly, and repaint the cut edges of the seat brackets, it'll take you at least a few hours - probably longer, since it'll take longer for the paint to dry at your temperatures.

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
Hello all,

thanks guys!
I'm in the same boat. I hurt my back and wasn't able to install mine when the weather was a bit nicer. I do have a garage but its not heated. Not sure where you are but some places have DIY garages where you can rent space by the hour.

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
Hello all,

thanks guys!
It took me about 5 and 1/2 hours I did it in my apartment's parking lot and am only minorly handy.

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
It took me about 5 and 1/2 hours I did it in my apartment's parking lot and am only minorly handy.
ok interesting and good to know. is that time actually installing the seat? I have a shop area to do the cutting, but lets say without painting, actual time on my needs installing the seat and bolting down?

Cheers!
Sponsored