Sponsored

JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It)

Steel vs 7075 Aluminum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
AVAILABLE NOW SEAT SLAMMERS

Hey Guys,

Steve here from Desert Does It, as discussed in THIS thread, there's been an outcry from the Big and Tall JL/JLU/JT drivers. We've been going back and forth on a few designs that will allow you to drop the rear of the Driver or Passenger Seat. This is still a work in progress but I wanted to reach out to the forum for feedback and to gauge interest.

A few things to get out of the way up front:
  • This is not an easily reversible mod (would require welding)
  • Requires cutting of the rear seat legs
  • Each of the below kits will come with multiple "shims" to allow the rear to be adjusted in .25" increments.
  • Each of the below kits will come with a Cut & Drill Fixture to insure the cut and the holes are in the correct place (seats are expensive to mess up).
  • If these are deal breakers, you can check out our front Fixed Seat Jackers and Adjustable Seat Jackers.

Primary Parts in OPTION 1:
  • Cutting/Drilling Fixture
  • Seat Slammer Brackets
  • Two .5" Shims
  • Four .25" Shims
  • Associated Class 10.9/12.9 Hardware

OPTION 1 Drop Combos:
-Drop Combo 1A - No shims in front would require 1" of shims in back (1" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 16.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)​
-Drop Combo 1B - .25" shim used in front would allow only .5" or .75" of rear shims to dial in comfort (1.25" or 1.5" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 18 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)​

Primary Parts in OPTION 2:
  • Everything from Option 1 plus .75" Front Seat Jackers
OPTION 2 Drop Combos (MAX DROP):
-Drop Combo 2A - Front Seat Jacker (.75") no shims in back (2" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 22.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)​
-Drop Combo 2B - Front Seat Jacker (.75") variable rear shims to dial in rear drop (1" to 2" total rear drop)​

Option 1 is the most economical with Option 2 having the most adjustability.

Looking forward to your feedback and I will add pictures tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve
Desert Does It

Prototype Only, final design will be different and powder coated satin black.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) PXL_20210324_235052591 (1)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Buckeyedave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I think this looks real nice and clean. With the seat back being lowered, and the angle being different, will this cause legs to fall asleep? I would assume this would put more pressure behind your knees?

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
I think this looks real nice and clean. With the seat back being lowered, and the angle being different, will this cause legs to fall asleep? I would assume this would put more pressure behind your knees?
Hard to say. We've heard a lot of complaints from people that feel the seats are too flat. That's why we measured the angle at stock and for the different options. We had a few guys of varying heights sit in Option 3 and we all agreed it was very comfortable ( 5'7", 6'1" and 6'5" w/37" inseam). Granted that's sitting on a driveway and not driving it for 8+ hours straight.

Hope that helps.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Hey Guys,

Steve here from Desert Does It, as discussed in THIS thread, there's been an outcry from the Big and Tall JL/JLU/JT drivers. We've been going back and forth on a few designs that will allow you to drop the rear of the Driver or Passenger Seat. This is still a work in progress but I wanted to reach out to the forum for feedback and to gauge interest.

• This is an irreversible mod
  • Each of the below kits will come with multiple "shims" to allow the rear to be adjusted in .25" increments.
  • Each of the below kits will come with a Cut & Drill Fixture to insure the cut and the holes are in the correct place (seats are expensive to mess up).
  • If these are deal breakers, you can check out our front Fixed Seat Jackers and Adjustable Seat Jackers.

Option 1 - 1" Drop
  • Front of the seat stays put and the rear of the seat will drop by .5" to 1"
  • Seat Bottom Angle is 16.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)

Option 2 - 1.5" Drop
  • Front of the seat is raised by .25" and rear of the seat is dropped by 1" to 1.5"
  • Seat Bottom Angle is 18 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)

Option 3 - 2" Drop
  • Front of the seat is raised by .75" and rear of the seat is dropped by 1.5" to 2"
  • Seat Bottom Angle is 22.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)

Pricing is still TBD but it will be less than $200 per seat but we are aiming for $160 or less.

With all that being said, the big question for us is Steel or 7075 Aluminum. Each seat rail block will have two M10 1.5" Class 10.9 Bolts that mount it to the seat rail.

Thanks,
Steve
Desert Does It

Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) PXL_20210324_235052591 (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) 295C75B6-6875-45FC-A8D7-A893C0E1B8A9

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Hey Guys,

• This is an irreversible mod

Option 1 - 1" Drop
  • Front of the seat stays put and the rear of the seat will drop by .5" to 1"
  • Seat Bottom Angle is 16.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)

Option 2 - 1.5" Drop
  • Front of the seat is raised by .25" and rear of the seat is dropped by 1" to 1.5"
  • Seat Bottom Angle is 18 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)

Option 3 - 2" Drop
  • Front of the seat is raised by .75" and rear of the seat is dropped by 1.5" to 2"
  • Seat Bottom Angle is 22.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)

Pricing is still TBD but it will be less than $200 per seat but we are aiming for $160 or less.

With all that being said, the big question for us is Steel or 7075 Aluminum. Each seat rail block will have two M10 1.5" Class 10.9 Bolts that mount it to the seat rail.

Thanks,
Steve
Desert Does It

Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) 295C75B6-6875-45FC-A8D7-A893C0E1B8A9
Seriously though option 3 please!!!

I don’t give a damn if it’s Aluminum or Steel as long as it’s 1 solid piece the stock seat rails will bend WAYYYYYYY before either of those will.

... now one more time for good measure...

Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) EAE8FC0E-90D1-49C0-BF65-8086C5BFBD82

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I hate how flat the seat is stock. This will be soooooo much more comfortable!

Qwerty43606

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500, 2021 JLUR 3.6
This looks very promising! Thank you very much for your efforts! My main priority is to increase the distance between my head and the roof. With option two and three it appears as though you're raising the front and dropping the rear at the same time which would tilt the seat, but what does that do for overall dropping the seat so I have increased headroom? Is the overall effect lowering the seat?

Qwerty43606

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, the one inch drop( or any of the options). Is that measured at the rear of the seat rail? Or is that what I would approximately gain in headroom?

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Also, the one inch drop( or any of the options). Is that measured at the rear of the seat rail? Or is that what I would approximately gain in headroom?
Top of seat rail to carpet.

Sponsored

Buckeyedave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is there a way to make an all inclusive kit? Something like buy option 3, but be able to add spacers to raise it if that angle is too much? Get spacers to make it like option 2 or 1

Qwerty43606

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a way to make an all inclusive kit? Something like buy option 3, but be able to add spacers to raise it if that angle is too much? Get spacers to make it like option 2 or 1
I like this idea!!

AZ Great White

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired
Yes being 6’2” but I agree with the above comments. It would be nice though in being able to have all the options in one kit.

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Option 3 - 2" Drop
A Benjamin Franklin seems fair. Where should I send the money now? 😅

I was thinking to make this part based on MJHuber post
Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) 1616639840314

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
A Benjamin Franklin seems fair. Where should I send the money now? 😅

I was thinking to make this part based on MJHuber post
1616639840314.jpeg
This could be done for much cheaper but I like the idea of a single billet piece far better than a welded one. Also there’s a good amount of fab skills in cutting and grinding the ones above from his post. His were not roughly cut and ground, they were very precisely done. Probably far above the skill level of most of us.
Sponsored