Sponsored

JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It)

Steel vs 7075 Aluminum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rdsii

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Oh man!!! I ordered the second you posted they were up... I didn’t know there was a discount code! 😫😫

me too. but i am excited i am getting them.

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Thank you all for the orders. We've presold about 40 of the first 50 units. They are at the Powder Coaters now and with any luck we will be shipping before the end of next week (1-2 weeks earlier than anticipated). Due to supply chain issues, the next batch wont be available until late August or September.

A quick note that if you plan to install the Seat Slammers on the passenger seat
, you will need to relocate the ground stud or massage it into place. If you ordered for the passenger seat and want to cancel or modify your order, please send us a note at [email protected], be sure to include your name and order number.

Hope that helps and feel free to reach out with anymore questions.

Steve
Desert Does It

Sponsored

Dadi8r

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Thank you all for the orders. We've presold about 40 of the first 50 units. They are at the Powder Coaters now and with any luck we will be shipping before the end of next week (1-2 weeks earlier than anticipated). Due to supply chain issues, the next batch wont be available until late August or September.

A quick note that if you plan to install the Seat Slammers on the passenger seat
, you will need to relocate the ground stud or massage it into place. If you ordered for the passenger seat and want to cancel or modify your order, please send us a note at [email protected], be sure to include your name and order number.

Hope that helps and feel free to reach out with anymore questions.

Steve
Desert Does It
Anyway the people who preordered already might be able to get that 10% discount since we didn’t know about the discount code till after we ordered?

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
Anyway the people who preordered already might be able to get that 10% discount since we didn’t know about the discount code till after we ordered?
That would be great

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Send me an email ([email protected]) with your username and order number and I'll get you sorted.

LDJD79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
PRE-SALE PAGE IS UP SEAT SLAMMERS

Hey Guys,

Steve here from Desert Does It, as discussed in THIS thread, there's been an outcry from the Big and Tall JL/JLU/JT drivers. We've been going back and forth on a few designs that will allow you to drop the rear of the Driver or Passenger Seat. This is still a work in progress but I wanted to reach out to the forum for feedback and to gauge interest.

A few things to get out of the way up front:
  • This is not an easily reversible mod (would require welding)
  • Requires cutting of the rear seat legs
  • Each of the below kits will come with multiple "shims" to allow the rear to be adjusted in .25" increments.
  • Each of the below kits will come with a Cut & Drill Fixture to insure the cut and the holes are in the correct place (seats are expensive to mess up).
  • If these are deal breakers, you can check out our front Fixed Seat Jackers and Adjustable Seat Jackers.

Primary Parts in OPTION 1:
  • Cutting/Drilling Fixture
  • Drop Leg Blocks
  • Two .5" Shims
  • Four .25" Shims
  • Associated Class 10.9/12.9 Hardware

OPTION 1 Drop Combos:
-Drop Combo 1A - No shims in front would require 1" of shims in back (1" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 16.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)​
-Drop Combo 1B - .25" shim used in front would allow only .5" or .75" of rear shims to dial in comfort (1.25" or 1.5" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 18 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)​

Primary Parts in OPTION 2:
  • Everything from Option 1 plus .75" Front Seat Jackers
OPTION 2 Drop Combos (MAX DROP):
-Drop Combo 2A - Front Seat Jacker (.75") no shims in back (2" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 22.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)​
-Drop Combo 2B - Front Seat Jacker (.75") variable rear shims to dial in rear drop (1" to 2" total rear drop)​

Option 1 would be the most economical with Option 2 having the most adjustability.

Pricing is still TBD but it will be less than $200 per seat, aiming for $160 or less.

With all that being said, the big question for us is Steel or 7075 Aluminum. Each seat rail block will have two M10 1.5" Class 10.9 Bolts that mount it to the seat rail.

Looking forward to your feedback and I will add pictures tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve
Desert Does It

Prototype Only, final design will be different and powder coated satin black.

PXL_20210324_235052591 (1).jpg
Pre Sale is live! Shipping will begin July 2nd.

Jeep Seat Slammers
I just ordered a set for the passenger seat. I had already done a homemade job on the drivers seat. Great job @DesertDoesIt getting these out there for us. Wish I would have known about the forum discount code before I ordered though. 😂

Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Shipping has started! All orders will be shipped today.

Your feedback is very important. Since the next batch is out at least 2 months it's important that we get feedback before we resume production.

Hopefully some of you will get your Seat Slammers on or before Saturday.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) PXL_20210622_181142231
Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) PXL_20210622_181150603
Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) PXL_20210622_211450805
Jeep Wrangler JL JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It) PXL_20210622_211951118

Last edited:
OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
I forgot to mention that we modified the cutting and drilling fixture so it is also a bottle opener now.

Figure folks could throw it in their toolbox or glove box and always have a bottle opener handy.

rdsii

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
USPS says my will be delivered on sat. :) the Repurpose of fixture is a cool ideal! This will be a good month for the jeep. New tires and wheels 35x12.5, fox shocks and the seat will finally come down!!
Sponsored