Sponsored

JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It)

Steel vs 7075 Aluminum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I really liked the idea of your original front seat riser but I am hesitant ordering it with my wife being 5’ 0” and I am 6’ 2”. Option 1A - 1B might work best for the two of us because it might not move her knees so far away.

The big question I have. Does this help see the top row of the digital dash cluster? Right now my seat is as low as it can go and leaned back more than I am used to from my JK so I can read everything on the dash. Sitting straight up the lip of the dash covers everything.
Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Just want to say I am very interested in this and have been following along in the multiple threads. That being said, since its a permanent modification, its going to be a tough sale for me. I would want to try it out first, see it on another Jeep. So maybe you can have some demo units eventually. Maybe the Toledo Jeep Fest? or other events.

Just my 2 cents.

mgorman9831

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail Edition
if we already have the adjustable front seat jackers then we would just purchase option 1?

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
1 - Is it possible to replace the entire seat bracket (at a higher cost obviously) rather than us cutting the existing bracket? Just asking.

2 - with this mod, since it’s not affecting the hardware of the seat, I assume the seat can still be adjusted higher in height for my wife. Correct?

Thanks!

RubiconRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU billet silver Rubicon
The seat will operate the same. It will lower the rear of the seat and change the angle of your seat.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I'm good for an order of either 2A or 2 B. I just hope they work with my Misch 4x4 Big Boy extension brackets, I need to be lower and further back. Maybe you guys should look into making a design that does both for a all-in-one solution.

How do you guys ship to Canada? I don't see any shipping info on your website. I can tell you that Misch 4x4 uses the cheapest UPS option but it ended up costing me an extra $60 when it arrived for a brokerage fee. RokBlokz on the other hand, used a faster UPS method that included, tax, brokerage and all other fees. Much simpler and cheaper in the end for me.

I cannot wait to get these brackets, tired of my head rubbing on the freedom panel!! :party:
I sent them an email asking if they ship to Canada using USPS vs UPS or FedEx. USPS will ship up to 70lbs and there are zero brokerage fees.

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
I sent them an email asking if they ship to Canada using USPS vs UPS or FedEx. USPS will ship up to 70lbs and there are zero brokerage fees.
For sure USPS is cheap but slow. I just moved west from Ottawa. I miss being able to pop across the border to NY to pick up packages. Pre covid of course.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
I really liked the idea of your original front seat riser but I am hesitant ordering it with my wife being 5’ 0” and I am 6’ 2”. Option 1A - 1B might work best for the two of us because it might not move her knees so far away.

The big question I have. Does this help see the top row of the digital dash cluster? Right now my seat is as low as it can go and leaned back more than I am used to from my JK so I can read everything on the dash. Sitting straight up the lip of the dash covers everything.
Hard to say on what this will do to your gauge sightline but these will give you more adjustment and you should have no problem finding that sweet spot with the adjustable kit and the factory seat adjustments.

Just want to say I am very interested in this and have been following along in the multiple threads. That being said, since its a permanent modification, its going to be a tough sale for me. I would want to try it out first, see it on another Jeep. So maybe you can have some demo units eventually. Maybe the Toledo Jeep Fest? or other events.

Just my 2 cents.
We will be attending a few expos in Salt Lake City Utah and the Overland Expo in Flagstaff AZ. As we add more expos/events to our list we will update our website and social. Currently no events planned for the Midwest or East Coast but that will likely change.

if we already have the adjustable front seat jackers then we would just purchase option 1?
Correct, all you will need is Option 1.

1 - Is it possible to replace the entire seat bracket (at a higher cost obviously) rather than us cutting the existing bracket? Just asking.

2 - with this mod, since it’s not affecting the hardware of the seat, I assume the seat can still be adjusted higher in height for my wife. Correct?

Thanks!
1 - Yes but I've yet to find a reasonable price for a new seat bracket. You might have better luck at a Pick N Pull and just get the entire seat.

2 - Correct, the seat will still have its full factory forward/backwards movement as well as factory height adjustment.

Eta still may? Doing a pre-order by chance?
A general update...

We are getting very close on the Seat Slammers/Seat Droppers. We hope to complete testing in the next two weeks and assuming all goes well, we will be ready to ship by the end of May. As soon as we are done testing, I will get a presale page on our site.

I'll post updates here as well as our social media.

Thanks again for all the support,
Steve
Desert Does It

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Hard to say on what this will do to your gauge sightline but these will give you more adjustment and you should have no problem finding that sweet spot with the adjustable kit and the factory seat adjustments.

We will be attending a few expos in Salt Lake City Utah and the Overland Expo in Flagstaff AZ. As we add more expos/events to our list we will update our website and social. Currently no events planned for the Midwest or East Coast but that will likely change.

Correct, all you will need is Option 1.

1 - Yes but I've yet to find a reasonable price for a new seat bracket. You might have better luck at a Pick N Pull and just get the entire seat.

2 - Correct, the seat will still have its full factory forward/backwards movement as well as factory height adjustment.

A general update...

We are getting very close on the Seat Slammers/Seat Droppers. We hope to complete testing in the next two weeks and assuming all goes well, we will be ready to ship by the end of May. As soon as we are done testing, I will get a presale page on our site.

I'll post updates here as well as our social media.

Thanks again for all the support,
Steve
Desert Does It
Looking forward to these

Bigcolt45

First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I’d love to buy a set and do some R&D for you guys :)

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Yup, I’m ready to buy as soon as it’s ready to go
Sponsored