Sponsored

JL/JLU/JT Seat Slammers - Big and Tall Front Seat Drop (Desert Does It)

Steel vs 7075 Aluminum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Seems taking a long time. ETA to customers?

I'm thinking seriously to build it myself 😩

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Seems taking a long time. ETA to customers?

I'm thinking seriously to build it myself 😩
The goal is to have them ready to ship in late May. These are a priority but there's a lot of R&D in order to get them ready to sell to the masses. The last thing we want to do is rush something like this. Measure 5 times, verify fitment 5 times, run a prototype in a Jeep or two for some time then start selling.

I Appreciate your patience but if you can't wait until late May then you might have to make your own.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Depending on cost I would be interior sure
Pricing is still TBD but both options will be less than $200 per seat. Option 1 will be closer to $150 shipped and option 2 will be closer to but not more than $200 shipped.

Definitely not cheap but this is a very involved product and will require several machined parts, multiple class 10.9 bolts, a cut/drill template, and then everything has to be powder coated, and finally packaged/shipped.

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Option 2 need lees O rings., why more expensive
OPTION 2 Drop Combos (MAX DROP):
-Drop Combo 2A - Front Seat Jacker (.75") no shims in back (2" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 22.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)
Desert Does It - Jeep JL Seat Drop 2A Rear.jpg
Option 2 will not need the shims in the back. Why more expensive?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Option 2 need lees O rings., why more expensive

Option 2 will not need the shims in the back. Why more expensive?
Option two would be more expensive because it includes the front seat jackers. These are required in order to drop the rear of the seat the full 2 inches. If there's one thing we've learned from selling seat jackers for the last two plus years it's that no one person is the same and they will need to shim up or down to get the right position. This is already a very convoluted kit and breaking it up into two kits is going to be a pain but gives the end user the most options. Option two will include four shims (two per side).

We are doing our best to give you big guys the comfort you need in your new Jeeps.

Last edited:

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Pricing is still TBD but both options will be less than $200 per seat. Option 1 will be closer to $150 shipped and option 2 will be closer to but not more than $200 shipped.

Definitely not cheap but this is a very involved product and will require several machined parts, multiple class 10.9 bolts, a cut/drill template, and then everything has to be powder coated, and finally packaged/shipped.
Can you please make a package which would include like 2 of whichever option is chosen for a discounted rate?

Maybe like buy first one full price and if you want to get the second at the same time it’s half off. That way both front seats can have the matching height and angle.

Just a thought. I originally though I’d only need this for my seat since I’m so tall but turns out my wife would love it for her side too to make the seat more comfy for long Jeep adventures 🙂

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Can you please make a package which would include like 2 of whichever option is chosen for a discounted rate?

Maybe like buy first one full price and if you want to get the second at the same time it’s half off. That way both front seats can have the matching height and angle.

Just a thought. I originally though I’d only need this for my seat since I’m so tall but turns out my wife would love it for her side too to make the seat more comfy for long Jeep adventures 🙂
Great idea. We could include the shims for one seat and they could be used on either seat.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
I'm looking forward to 1A and 1B options. It might make another 14 plus hour road trip more comfortable too beside lowering my view of the rear view mirror too. Much less my head away from the sound bar.

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Great idea. We could include the shims for one seat and they could be used on either seat.
I would take two of option 2A (max drop)

Wont need the shims. Want max drop and max seat angle to match on both sides.

You guys rock!!!! Can’t wait to get these and stop feeling the sound bar with the back of my head as I sit in the Jeep.

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
I'm good for an order of either 2A or 2 B. I just hope they work with my Misch 4x4 Big Boy extension brackets, I need to be lower and further back. Maybe you guys should look into making a design that does both for a all-in-one solution.

How do you guys ship to Canada? I don't see any shipping info on your website. I can tell you that Misch 4x4 uses the cheapest UPS option but it ended up costing me an extra $60 when it arrived for a brokerage fee. RokBlokz on the other hand, used a faster UPS method that included, tax, brokerage and all other fees. Much simpler and cheaper in the end for me.

I cannot wait to get these brackets, tired of my head rubbing on the freedom panel!! :party:

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You guys hit this out of the park.

Please remind me are these compatible w misch big boy bracket and you cut back of seat rails off right?

Hey guys, pictures below for those that are asking.

We are a solid 3 weeks out on machining these and another 2 weeks on powder so its looking like a late May 2021 release. Once we start machining them, I will get a presale going.

For anecdotal info only, our Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/GX Seat Jackers put the factory seats at a 22 degree angle and a lot of folks seem to really enjoy them.

OPTION 1 Drop Combos:
-Drop Combo 1A - No shims in front would require 1" of shims in back (1" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 16.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)

Desert Does It - Jeep JL Seat Drop 1A Front.jpg

Desert Does It - Jeep JL Seat Drop 1A Rear.jpg

-Drop Combo 1B - .25" shim used in front would allow only .5" or .75" of rear shims to dial in comfort (1.25" or 1.5" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 18 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)

Desert Does It - Jeep JL Seat Drop 1B Front.jpg

Desert Does It - Jeep JL Seat Drop 1B Rear.jpg

OPTION 2 Drop Combos (MAX DROP):
-Drop Combo 2A - Front Seat Jacker (.75") no shims in back (2" total rear drop). Seat Bottom Angle is 22.5 Degrees (factory is 11.5 degrees)

Desert Does It - Jeep JL Seat Drop 2A Front.jpg

Desert Does It - Jeep JL Seat Drop 2A Rear.jpg

-Drop Combo 2B - Front Seat Jacker (.75") variable rear shims to dial in rear drop (1" to 2" total rear drop)

*No pics but you can use the shims shown in 2A to dial in the rear height.

Happy to field any questions or comments.

Thanks,
Steve
DDI

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I'm good for an order of either 2A or 2 B. I just hope they work with my Misch 4x4 Big Boy extension brackets, I need to be lower and further back. Maybe you guys should look into making a design that does both for a all-in-one solution.

How do you guys ship to Canada? I don't see any shipping info on your website. I can tell you that Misch 4x4 uses the cheapest UPS option but it ended up costing me an extra $60 when it arrived for a brokerage fee. RokBlokz on the other hand, used a faster UPS method that included, tax, brokerage and all other fees. Much simpler and cheaper in the end for me.

I cannot wait to get these brackets, tired of my head rubbing on the freedom panel!! :party:
I’m guessing it won’t be compatible. Good news is adding rake to the seat will make it feel further back because it will pull your knees away from the petals as the seat bottom angle increases.

So hopefully even if you ditch that other bracket this will still be your all in one solution

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I do believe youre correct! I took pic of misch bracket.

I’m guessing it won’t be compatible. Good news is adding rake to the seat will make it feel further back because it will pull your knees away from the petals as the seat bottom angle increases.

So hopefully even if you ditch that other bracket this will still be your all in one solution
6BE11301-2168-439E-A6A0-EE819B56CCA2.jpeg
Sponsored