JL Jeep Wrangler 2020 not starting

Chrisgontko

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Has anyone had an issue with their 2020 JL wrangler not starting? Yesterday I tried leaving work and my Jeep wouldn’t start. It was stuck in the run position and flashing all kinds of warnings and issues. I had it towed to the dealer, which they said the soonest it will be looked is a few days.
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Most common are battery related issues.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I had it happen once. I accidentally left it in reverse when I shut the engine off, instead of park. I was in a hurry, but I did put the parking brake on. For some reason, leaving it like this drained the batteries completely dead. I never did that again. It wasnt an issue, with the manual tranny Wrangler I owned before.

OP
OP

Chrisgontko

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Nothing has been left on and the Jeep was in park. Another odd thing was it kept telling me to push the clutch this is an automatic and there is no clutch.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea which engine/battery setup you have in your JL. However, short commutes (not enough to fully recharge) or sitting undriven for a few days can weaken the batteries.

Many brand new JLs leave the lots with a new owner and "compromised" factory batteries because it's been sitting too long on the lot.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Nothing has been left on and the Jeep was in park. Another odd thing was it kept telling me to push the clutch this is an automatic and there is no clutch.
well, that is a problem.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It " should" be part of dealer prep to fully charge the batteries before customer delivery just for this reason

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
It " should" be part of dealer prep to fully charge the batteries before customer delivery just for this reason
I would believe that most dealers will put a quick charge on the battery as they are preping it for the drive home. However, if the batteries are already damaged from sitting on the lot too long they won't hold the charge.

Bubalooie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram longhorn 3500 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Pipeline Inspector
Has anyone had an issue with their 2020 JL wrangler not starting? Yesterday I tried leaving work and my Jeep wouldn’t start. It was stuck in the run position and flashing all kinds of warnings and issues. I had it towed to the dealer, which they said the soonest it will be looked is a few days.
I had a no start/lights flashing issue within 3 months of new. The dealer blamed it on my Tazer JL. The second dealer changed the main battery. nothing changed. The third Dealer reprogramed all the computers per FCA. The day I picked it up it would not start, so they finally changed the small battery, I have not had an issue since.

OP
OP

Chrisgontko

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Just got it back from the dealer it was the 12 v battery. It had a bad cell so they put in a new battery. Hoping all is good now.
Sponsored