First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I know a lotta you guys have added a winch to your JL, I have two mobile winch's and I'm considering the "HARDWIRED ONE"

I think WARN has just about priced their product outta the market and Smittybilt has a couple of pretty successful models, but-

Has anyone tried the QUATRATEC STEALTH 10,000LB MODEL ???

Thanx

JIMBO
Sponsored

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
JIMBOX

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Great, thanx Tom--I guess the WARN WINCH plate for a RUBICON BUMPER WINCH is about the best too!

Good day

JIMBO

JP18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
You can get a Warn VR 12 pretty cheap, just over $600.

JP18

Sponsored

OP
OP
JIMBOX

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Thanx JP18, but I've read/heard quite a few bad reports about the late WARN quality !

Even more than SMITTYBILT !

JIMBO

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
The used market is something to consider.

I bought a used warn zeon 8 a few years ago for 500 bucks. I sold it on my last jk and should have pulled it off. I'm looking into the new superwinch line. It's still expensive but about 200$ less than a comparable warn. I know plenty of guys running smitty and quadratec winches and I've not seen many failures. After having a zeon tho it was awesome. It was reliable and pulled way more than it was rated and the line speed was solid. I've got video pretty much dragging a cj7 up a hill with the wheels sideways because the kid driving it couldn't keep them straight.

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
A winch is one of those areas that I would not skimp out. You may not need it all the time, but when you do need it, you want it to work. Not saying you have to buy a Warn winch, but I recommend that you buy the best winch you can afford. We go wheeling a few times a month and wind up using our winches fairly often. I don't have any experience with the Quadratec winch, but I have seen 2 Smittybilt XRC winches fail. On one, the motor just stopped working - and on the other - the winch line started bunching up during the recovery and the winch housing literally fell apart from the pressure. In both cases, Smittybilt sent new winches out to the owners, which was good, but that doesn't do much good out on the trail. I have a Warn Zeon 10S in my JK and a Zeon 12S about to go into my JL.

Nutcracker

First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon
You get what you pay for. I just purchased my fourth Warn Winch for my 2019 JL Rubicon. I installed a Platinum 10 92810 Winch. Not cheap by after paying $50 for a new jeep why not get the best in a winch for it. Warn has never let me down

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
I know a lotta you guys have added a winch to your JL, I have two mobile winch's and I'm considering the "HARDWIRED ONE"

I think WARN has just about priced their product outta the market and Smittybilt has a couple of pretty successful models, but-

Has anyone tried the QUATRATEC STEALTH 10,000LB MODEL ???

Thanx

JIMBO
I have the stealth and ive used it more times than i care to admit, and its always done its job and has never failed me or those ive helped with it.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy another

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I recently went through the same turmoil in selecting and paying for a recovery tool that honestly, I use as trail insurance if I get in over my head, and not day to day use like you'd find if I were a towing company. That said, I looked at Quadratech, Smitty, Harbor Freight and Warn. All three offer "affiliated with China" less expensive options. I ended up going with the Warn VR10-S since its a Warn, it was on sale through 4Wheel Parts, and to the un-observant, it looks like any other Warn.

With the VR10-S I saved enough $ so I could justify a Factor55 UltraHook. I not only look the part with my Warn stickers but also have anodized bumper "flare".

Again, I'm not a towing company and I only need it to work a few times a year when going a little farther off the trail than I should.

OP
OP
JIMBOX

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Great info--thank you guys--I'll spend Xmas in Ca. then When I come back to Nv. I'll buy one and I'll let you know which one--

Thanks

Merry Christmas

JIMBO

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
One thing to think about, is what is popular in your normal stomping grounds. That comes in handy if something ever goes wrong with your controller. Just borrow one, and plug it in.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Ive heard that quadratech winch motors are wound and sealed in the same factory that warn uses...

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Great info--thank you guys--I'll spend Xmas in Ca. then When I come back to Nv. I'll buy one and I'll let you know which one--

Thanks

Merry Christmas

JIMBO
Smittybuilt 2XO like it have Warn also on other Jeep

1A69DD99-C4C3-4798-B647-902C17AB5657.jpeg

E2AEDE47-3154-484F-ACFC-D8BD8EE09189.jpeg
Sponsored