First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Occasionally, when I stop at traffic lights, as a bus passes by I catch a glimpse of my reflection in its windows, and I’m reminded of how sexy I look in my JL.
I like the strip malls with reflective windows.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone. Been here on and off for a while obviously I don't post much. Just got a new JL today. Nothing special a Unlimited Sport S, but it suits my needs just fine. I'm coming from a 97 TJ straight 4 with 197K miles. Having driven the TJ for the last 20 years I have to say these new JL's are pretty amazing. There's a lot of gripping on here about this rattle, how it handles, getting wet when opening the doors, noise etc... If your complaining about any of these things my guess is you have not spent much time in an older Jeep. The JL is like driving a space ship compared to my TJ. Was absolutely blown away on the ride home about how great these new JLs are and put 80 miles on the Jeep already; quite a few those being on the beach which is my main use for the Jeep. Anyway just thought I would give the JL a well deserved shout out.
Welcome to the 21st century!

OP
OP

jacob66999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler
Thanks everyone. The TJ was my first ride at 16, I can never part with that Jeep. I recall as a young man when the TJ was my only vehicle thinking how great it would be if I could only save up enough money for full doors (never managed to get them). Now everyone is clamoring to get half doors. If I turned the AC on I lost at least 15 hp. Sometimes after a good rain I would have nice size puddle in the floor boards and wet seats on the passenger or drivers sided depending on which way the wind was blowing. Just pulled the plug in the floor, maybe shop vac it if I had time. Now I can just yell at my dash board and it makes a call from my cell phone. How times change. Pretty amazing.

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Welcome. We picked up our first Wrangler last month, a life long want. We took it to a ride about a week ago and got my wife hooked. Looking forward to many years of spending money on upgrades. :)

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Had a 1996 and a 2012...both were pigs, but still Wranglers. My 2021 is excellent...the ride, handling, engine are far superior. I upgraded to the better sound and its excellent as well. Congrats and welcome...screw the new Bronco

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
People still think it’s rough riding, darty, hoppy, and loose.....because compared to a crossover or a modern pickup....it is. It still drives like an old truck, because underneath it still is. It’s just the nature of two live axles. People who are used to unibodies and independent suspension and have never driven a body on frame solid axle vehicle will always think it’s of poor ride quality.
I'll probably get a few laughs saying this, but install some high end shocks on the Jeep, and by high end I mean some $1500-$3k (even with the rest completely stock) and 90% of the ride/drive issues you mentioned will go poof lol. You'll still have some head toss due to the nature of the sfa, but the darty/hoppy/loose/old truck ride will disappear. No kidding.

OP
OP

jacob66999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler
Had a 1996 and a 2012...both were pigs, but still Wranglers. My 2021 is excellent...the ride, handling, engine are far superior. I upgraded to the better sound and its excellent as well. Congrats and welcome...screw the new Bronco
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually a huge fan of the new Bronco. If Ford would ever build them I would have crossed shopped it for sure. But I needed a new ride. Not disappointed, but I don't have any hate for the Bronco.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
congrats on the jeep and welcome to the forum.

cphollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2DR soft top
Congrats on yours! My pedestrian 2DR Sport S soft top is new and my first, and -- like you -- I was sort of blown away by just how well this thing is designed and put together around a singular focus. It's also a blast to drive around town, and now my other fancy rides don't get used so much. I think in terms of what you pay vs what you get it was a bargain.

While I do admire how people customize their rigs, I'm going to keep mine stock for the time being. I think it's amazingly capable and decently good-looking right out of the box.

Sponsored

Live-AxleX2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLXP
I'll probably get a few laughs saying this, but install some high end shocks on the Jeep, and by high end I mean some $1500-$3k (even with the rest completely stock) and 90% of the ride/drive issues you mentioned will go poof lol. You'll still have some head toss due to the nature of the sfa, but the darty/hoppy/loose/old truck ride will disappear.

I've found JK, a JL rental and even our long gone WK Gr. Cherokee with superior seats. They supplement the suspension. Also, whatever Wrangler you have, there's a whole host of parts for them. Don't like Mopar or too pricey? Go aftermarket!
What Fuel Fore Desire is saying, the design of our Wranglers makes them a 'Keeper'. All those unibody stampings while great for safety crush zones are throw-aways!
Our JK got T-Boned hard before Xmas. Snapped off wheel after being pushed into a curb then a pole. Both sides and top smoked. No one hurt inside. After Ins hassles, ordered a new JL!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Wish ours didn't have ESS & only a 17 gal tank, but other than we couldn't be happier!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I like the strip malls with reflective windows.
You know when you enter a parkade and they got those mirrors at the corners?
I sometimes cruise by and be like 'HOT DAMN who was that?'

Oh it's just me.

In my JL.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
You know when you enter a parkade and they got those mirrors at the corners?
I sometimes cruise by and be like 'HOT DAMN who was that?'

Oh it's just me.

In my JL.
Lol But do you take a picture?
Sponsored