Sponsored

JL Install Proximity Entry AFTER purchase?

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Hey all, I know there are some threads on here but people comment about how great their remote entry works or how to use it and the topic gets lost in the shuffle.

I am one of many JL owners who wishes they had purchased the keyless remote entry package to be able to jump in their Jeep without pressing buttons or looking for the fob in pocket.

Is there ANY way to get it installed after the purchase, maybe ordering the handles etc from dealership and have them install/program it?

Anyone have feedback on this?
Sponsored

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I thought I read a tech say it works but it just took 8hrs of his day to perform it.
You’re correct. I was following rocketscienist who was deep into trying to get it to work, I missed that dctech said he completed it in 8 hours time

Last edited:
OP
OP
2019RubiconNY

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Your correct. I was following rocketscienist who was deep into trying to get it to work, I missed that dctech said he completed it in 8 hours time
So there’s a chance!

Tmull70

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara Wrangler Unlimited
So wait this seems possible with my rubicon because I already have all the antennas etc, I’d need the handles and sales code?
Were you able to get this done? If so, did it really take 8 hours. I have a Sahara with Remote start and bought a door Handle with proximity keyless entry. The folks at the dealership have no clue. I was hoping for a plug and play scenario.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to get this done? If so, did it really take 8 hours. I have a Sahara with Remote start and bought a door Handle with proximity keyless entry. The folks at the dealership have no clue. I was hoping for a plug and play scenario.
You know this thread is 3 years old, right?

All you need to know and so much more - clicky-clicky
Sponsored