First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
Not sure Jeep is trying to compete with the UK lux suv market when it introduces the JL; has Grand Cherokee for that. I’d have a Hemi powered GC over a Macan any day.

Farmers buy Toyota and Great Wall pickups, something they have been doing for years. (All the Defenders I see are to some degree blinged up family transport.)

I think the Wrangler sits in a weird vertical segment; Duster and Jimny at the bottom, G Wagon at the top, Wrangler somewhere in between. You buy it if you want that sort of thing.

The JK has been available with a healthy discount for a while so it will be interesting to see what happens with the JL.

UK pricing unlikely to be a straight euro exchange either.
Good post Yes, it seems like Jeep is on a search of themselves in Europe with this new Wrangler.
In Germany, beside the G wagon and all the other german manufacturers, it's all Land Rover when it comes to SUV or serious Off road usage by hunters, farmers etc
The Jeep Wrangler is still unusual.
But it cannot compete with the G Wagon. That doesn't make sense.
Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
If they are trying to sell the Wrangler like a car with some specs different to any other car, they will fail selling a lot of them...

Sell the Wrangler as an adventure vehicle, be it as a student, be it as a beach summer Jeep, be it as a family expedition daily driver do anything, be it as an overland Jeep crossing Africa,...

The Jeep Wrangler is a philosophy, if you keep trying to sell it in Europe like a car trying to be an SUV with a roof and doors that come off and there for as a premium vehicle that doesn’t handle quite like one, nobody will ever understand your philosophy.
Doesn’t make sense to put in smaller low consumption engines and then drive the price up.
For the first time you have a Wrangler that can really serve as a daily driver besides just being a Jeep! Don’t mess it up price wise.

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Producer
Exactly. And the campaign is shallow:

The JL could be a huge success and I want him to be one. But with this campaign and that price tag (which is really bad for leasing and financing offers) it won't happen

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
Good point. In the UK purchase price is almost irrelevant now, as it will be monthly finance / lease price that sells cars.

Maybe Jeep will surprise with their finance offers

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Producer
Maybe it's just a German thing, but in some cases of business leasing etc you have to pay tax on the list price.
No matter what the real price for the car was.

Sponsored

Dan250378

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530d
Maybe it's just a German thing, but in some cases of business leasing etc you have to pay tax on the list price.
No matter what the real price for the car was.
It is mainly a German one. But that is why i am not sure what to do as well, with the old JK price no problem would have taken without any thought the JL, but now it is much and with the 1% calculated per month on the list price it is getting to much for me i guess.

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Adventure car for students and youg families... for 70K Euro... good joke! This part of market will be filled by new Suzuki Jimny.

OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and waiting for JLU
Wow, nice activity since my last vist. A personal opinion after I've watched the pricing policy in Romania for the past 2 years: after all this "euphoria" will fade away, Wrangler will most probably have huge rebates at dealers. I'm talking about 10.000 EUR or even more if you know how to negotiate (if you are, give me some tips as well) :) Still expensive, but less than all the prices that dealers will throw at you at the beginning. And importing one from US is definitely an option, even for a country like Romania where bureaucracy is in a class of it's own.

I've ended up buying a MY 2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk after a nice discount. I have more than 10500 KM with it and it definitely the best car I've ever had. My heart is still with Wrangler, and if JL will ever have a reasonable price, my Trailhawk already has two people willing to buy it for a price that will make me sell it in an instance, considering the fact that I've had a lot of fun in it (most of it with the very same people that want to buy it) :)

Sponsored

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
All diesels, it will be a while before we see the 2,0L turbo.
Price?...
Don't know the price.

Open door in all dealers in Belgium next week-end. I hope I'll get time to visit my dealer...

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
There is a few Rubis standing at dealers in Poland. But they are all diesels, price 276K PLN (64K Euro).

Dan250378

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530d
There are quite a few as well in the Internet (mobile) somewhere around 60k that are Sahara and Rubicon. Of course all are Diesel as the 2.0 Turbo is not yet released at all

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
In Poland we have very few. There is one real petrol as I checked today, You can touch it. But it’s probably former demo. There are also 3 diesel rubicons already waiting at dealers for clients (so You can touch them but cannot drive them), they will be bought this week. So since 9th there is nothing You can touch, drive or check. Petrols can be ordered, delivery time is 6-8 weeks. Funny because in 4-6 weeks gov is changing leasing laws and that will completely change the game with cars above 35K Euro... :-(

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Producer
On german car dealer sites like BSW or meinauto.de they're starting with discounts around 12% under MRSP

Still pricier as the Canadian imports that are standing on some importers lots
Sponsored