Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
62.400 € for my Sahara. (70.800 $)

For comparison, a new Final JK EDITION is 40.000 € on the lot (45k$)
Sponsored

UrbanSplash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I come up to 64.000€...glup (or $72500 for you guys in the US to compare!)

Only 2,2L diesel available for now.
Only black interior available too.

That is way too expensive...
That’s £57,000!!!! Hahhahahaaaaa. I hardly see ANY wranglers in the UK. This isn’t going to change. To put this into perspective, one could have a brand new Cayenne with a decent spec for £60,000. This isn’t just overpriced, it completely Fantasy Land. Who the hell would pay over £40,000 even for a Wrangler over here? It’s just not even worth selling here. UK buyers are all chasing ‘upmarket, premium brand’ JEEP will never have that image in the UK.

You could argue I’m missing the point as to who this vehicle is aimed at, and it’s awesome off-road capability. But we simply don’t have access to extensive off roading countryside like in the US. So who buys this? Farmers? Nope Land Rover has that covered (ish). So,we are back to the market of on road use only. For which at this price is just plain rediculous. Autocar already posted a video of a Euro spec Wrangler and just didn’t get it.

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Producer
Besides that, even the already imported Canadian/US ones are cheaper. Importers offering fully loaded Canadian Rubicons for the price of a base EU Rubicon.
And they have a better bumper, the V6 etc

That all doesn't make sense to me.
Jeep Germany is crazy.

tornis

First Name
Nikos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
29er bike
thks for posting, I guess that at these prices it's better to add another 5-10k and have a 3.6 JLUR imported with 33s and Rubi fenders...

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Tornis, importing apparently comes cheaper.
My doubts would be with warranty and homologation.

Sponsored

tornis

First Name
Nikos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
29er bike
Tornis, importing apparently comes cheaper.
My doubts would be with warranty and homologation.
It is without warranty although you can buy one from the importer (usually 2years@1000), and it does include TUV (homologation), in any case, at least for me, it makes no sense to spend 65k on a stripped down version. Check Wittkopp or Geiger in Germany, there must be many others...and keep dreaming :)

lucianok

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ocean blue Rubicon
Besides that, even the already imported Canadian/US ones are cheaper. Importers offering fully loaded Canadian Rubicons for the price of a base EU Rubicon.
And they have a better bumper, the V6 etc

That all doesn't make sense to me.
Jeep Germany is crazy.
The items that generate the cost for importing from USA are:
FOB cost in the USA + shipping, handling, insurance (4000 to 5000 US$) + once in Europe, Duty charge 10% ,on this amount VAT (depending on Country) average 20% (All above costs are Cash in advance). Then you have to start to homologate depending on your country procedure.
Good Luck

Dan250378

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530d
The items that generate the cost for importing from USA are:
FOB cost in the USA + shipping, handling, insurance (4000 to 5000 US$) + once in Europe, Duty charge 10% ,on this amount VAT (depending on Country) average 20% (All above costs are Cash in advance). Then you have to start to homologate depending on your country procedure.
Good Luck
If you buy it from an Importer, like it had been mentioned Wittkop or Geiger the prices are delivered prices here in Germany thus you do not have to add anything on it

lucianok

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ocean blue Rubicon
If you buy it from an Importer, like it had been mentioned Wittkop or Geiger the prices are delivered prices here in Germany thus you do not have to add anything on it
Agree, a good importer clear off all headaches, anyway a full option is little less 60 K€ where Vat is 19%, no 4WD auto on Rubicon.

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
Brilliant. Specced my Rubi; jlu, soft top, mojhito.

Perfect I thought but then I checked out the interior shot.

Black cloth, mohito paintwork visible and the the red dashboard:puke:

Jeep can’t seriously think buyers want this.

Might have to buy a Sport in protest:like:

Sponsored

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Sorry to say this but this car is simply not worth this money. But buying Canadian version from a dealer without warranty is not good idea- look at all the small problems: cracking windshields, transmission problems..

Dan250378

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530d
The configurator for JL/JLU is online in Germany

https://www.jeep.de/konfigurator/
unfortunately it is not working correctly, guess to many are presently trying to do configuration here. But the Sahara (no need for a Rubi for me) i calculated was some where around €64k so abt $74k....

honestly for that price i get other cars, better i do not know as i love the Wrangler and i want to have one, but not sure with that price i am really going to buy one

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Producer
Let's wait.
I'm sure that the real prices will decline, very soon.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
That’s £57,000!!!! Hahhahahaaaaa. I hardly see ANY wranglers in the UK. This isn’t going to change. To put this into perspective, one could have a brand new Cayenne with a decent spec for £60,000. This isn’t just overpriced, it completely Fantasy Land. Who the hell would pay over £40,000 even for a Wrangler over here? It’s just not even worth selling here. UK buyers are all chasing ‘upmarket, premium brand’ JEEP will never have that image in the UK.

You could argue I’m missing the point as to who this vehicle is aimed at, and it’s awesome off-road capability. But we simply don’t have access to extensive off roading countryside like in the US. So who buys this? Farmers? Nope Land Rover has that covered (ish). So,we are back to the market of on road use only. For which at this price is just plain rediculous. Autocar already posted a video of a Euro spec Wrangler and just didn’t get it.
I've been seeing quite a few around London in last couple of years. Chelsea Truck Co. builds (huge logo on the 5th wheel.) You're right though, it's a total fantasy. The cost is insane and no way most people are even considering the JL.

Lots of farmers are moving away from JLR and onto to trucks too, so Jeep has even less of a chance now as the market moves that way.

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
Not sure Jeep is trying to compete with the UK lux suv market when it introduces the JL; has Grand Cherokee for that. I’d have a Hemi powered GC over a Macan any day.

Farmers buy Toyota and Great Wall pickups, something they have been doing for years. (All the Defenders I see are to some degree blinged up family transport.)

I think the Wrangler sits in a weird vertical segment; Duster and Jimny at the bottom, G Wagon at the top, Wrangler somewhere in between. You buy it if you want that sort of thing.

The JK has been available with a healthy discount for a while so it will be interesting to see what happens with the JL.

UK pricing unlikely to be a straight euro exchange either.
Sponsored