Sponsored

JL in Europe

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Don't think this warrants its own topic but can any UK jeepers tell me if travel information is available on the Nav system?

I cant see owt but it does say something about ' you are not subscribed' but not sure if that is to do with live travel info during a route (would have thought it would work, since if stuck on a motorway it needs to know if any congestion to offer an alternative route).
In case you’ve not had an answer yet!

Yes you can have live info on the Sat Nav as long as you have an active subscription to UConnect and the Mopar connect services box installed. If so you’ll have TomTom live traffic services.
Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Don't think this warrants its own topic but can any UK jeepers tell me if travel information is available on the Nav system?

I cant see owt but it does say something about ' you are not subscribed' but not sure if that is to do with live travel info during a route (would have thought it would work, since if stuck on a motorway it needs to know if any congestion to offer an alternative route).
Why don’t you use Apple CarPlay with live traffic on a google maps ? I’m extremely happy with this as well as having Spotify for my favorite music

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Why don’t you use Apple CarPlay with live traffic on a google maps ? I’m extremely happy with this as well as having Spotify for my favorite music
That's what I use. Works perfectly!

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I saw one of the German websites sell a plastic magnetic cover for the front of the mopar steel bumper which then makes it pass pedestrian safety requirements allegedly.
I did email the company months ago but did not get any response.
Anybody know anything about it?

Sponsored

pdemou

First Name
Phedias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I think I answered the question myself. Side by side they are very different.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe EF07E541-677C-4304-86A8-1CB6B5CC3AE5
Hello Wraith,
Did you find an alternative solution to this? Many shops mention that are interchangeable.

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911, Mustang GT, Skoda Octavia.
Anyone have any info on the new 3.0 diesel engine making it to our side of the pond?

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Anyone have any info on the new 3.0 diesel engine making it to our side of the pond?
In Germany, there are already some dealers offering the US-version of the 3.0 diesel. Personally, I would not think that FCA/Stellantis will offer the 3.0 diesel next to the 2.2 diesel in Europe for the JL/JLU. They might for the JT (if they offer the JT in Europe at all, that is...).

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Germany, there are already some dealers offering the US-version of the 3.0 diesel. Personally, I would not think that FCA/Stellantis will offer the 3.0 diesel next to the 2.2 diesel in Europe for the JL/JLU. They might for the JT (if they offer the JT in Europe at all, that is...).
I've only seen it on the JT. That is the only engine you can buy it with. But JT is impractical as it's ridiculously long at 5,5 meters... Was hoping to get it in the JL, as I found both 4 cyl engines unlikeable.

Sponsored

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I've only seen it on the JT. That is the only engine you can buy it with. But JT is impractical as it's ridiculously long at 5,5 meters... Was hoping to get it in the JL, as I found both 4 cyl engines unlikeable.
I guess you are right about the JT - it is not made for European streets, garages and driveways...

If you are interested in the 3.0 diesel JL, have a look at "Allrad Pauli" or "Wittkopp Automobile" - they are offering them (US-version). Allrad Pauli I know, they are great people. Wittkopp Automobile, I do not personnally know. I guess there will also be others...

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess you are right about the JT - it is not made for European streets, garages and driveways...

If you are interested in the 3.0 diesel JL, have a look at "Allrad Pauli" or "Wittkopp Automobile" - they are offering them (US-version). Allrad Pauli I know, they are great people. Wittkopp Automobile, I do not personnally know. I guess there will also be others...
Thanks for the suggestion but I prefer a euro version, I'm not from Germany, and there isn't any support for US vehicles here, some parts differ on them and also no warranty and probably some issues with homologation which I just don't want to deal with. I've done it before with a US spec Infiniti, and it's not worth the hassle. Was hoping they would offer it. The 2.2 is a great engine but it's slow and the 2.0 is decently quick but it's super spiky and doesn't have that torque down low. 3.0 diesel would have been ideal. My dealer says they will be launching the hybrid over here too. Going to try that one and see how it is.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Yeah, but at least you have the option of bringing US version to the EU, and for the UK/Cyprus there's no chance at all as our vehicles are RHD... I'd definitely love to have diesel 3.0, but what to say. On the other hand, assuming that driving Wrangler at speeds more than 130-140 km/h doesn't make any sense/fun for me personally and the noise from tires/soft power top dramatically increases after 110-120 km/h - I'm quite happy with my 2.2 diesel. And I forget about everything when I go 4LO on a trail, and it climbs literally anywhere at 1500-1800 rpm.
What really have made a huge difference for me is a gas pedal adapter, that makes the vehicle much more responsive and alive - absolute "must have" for me.
In 15-20 years we all will drive EVs )))

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but at least you have the option of bringing US version to the EU, and for the UK/Cyprus there's no chance at all as our vehicles are RHD... I'd definitely love to have diesel 3.0, but what to say. On the other hand, assuming that driving Wrangler at speeds more than 130-140 km/h doesn't make any sense/fun for me personally and the noise from tires/soft power top dramatically increases after 110-120 km/h - I'm quite happy with my 2.2 diesel. And I forget about everything when I go 4LO on a trail, and it climbs literally anywhere at 1500-1800 rpm.
What really have made a huge difference for me is a gas pedal adapter, that makes the vehicle much more responsive and alive - absolute "must have" for me.
In 15-20 years we all will drive EVs )))
Well I don't want to get too technical but since 2019 it's been getting harder to homologate non EU cars because of emissions regulations.

I don't need a more powerful Wrangler for outright speed, I just need power for overtakes. Lots of two lanes roads in my area so 80-120 needs to be strong. Drove the 2.2, very smooth and linear engine but not enough power imo. Petrol is good for power but is not as smooth imo as the 2.2. 3.0 would have been the best of both worlds.