JL in Europe

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
What is you motivation to do such if I may ask? That's me just wondering why one would like the EU version over the US one :)
I have a Sport and didn't want to do the Rubicon hood as its not a Rubicon. Plus I like the export hood as it has a subtle CJ-7 style to it that I really like. And above all of that, just to be different. Chances of seeing another one rolling around with the same setup will be extremely rare.
Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Cool :like:

Btw, wouldn't that be some kind of single use safety bolt - you know, the type from which the head brakes off during installation?

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool :like:

Btw, wouldn't that be some kind of single use safety bolt - you know, the type from which the head brakes off during installation?
It appears to be a rivet from the photo. Not a problem to replicate. Interestingly enough, the differences between the US and export hoods are subtle but big ones. The hood hinges are the biggest difference. The export hood hinges are roughly 1/2" longer so the front bolt holes on the US hinges do not line up. Similarly, the hood pop-up spring is different as well. On the US hoods there is no strike plate for the switches but a thick vinyl decal to stop paint damage from contacting the hood switches. Just a lot of little things to figure out that I unfortunately did not know until it was at the paint shop lol. Once I do the write up it will make it simple for anyone doing this swap in the future. My parts guy has been super helpful and is glad to assist with a unique project. It will be different than any others rolling around.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
My hood spring appears to get stuck now and then when I pop the hood, after which it comes loose with a loud poooooiiingggg noise.... :LOL:

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My hood spring appears to get stuck now and then when I pop the hood, after which it comes loose with a loud poooooiiingggg noise.... :LOL:
It is just excited to see you lol

Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Use some WD40 on them, could this help? I discovered many points in Jeep making strange noise unless you put some lubricant on them, lol

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@taram could I ask another favor? Could you snap a picture of the hood pop-up spring and its mounting to the hood? I just received my overnight part for the export hood pop-up spring and I want to check against an export Jeep. Below is what I received and I believe this is correct based off diagrams. Thanks in advance.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe 116407953_891846447970496_9096933128483645614_n

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Use some WD40 on them, could this help? I discovered many points in Jeep making strange noise unless you put some lubricant on them, lol
Oh no! Do not lube parts that are exited already Marat! :LOL: ;)

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
@taram could I ask another favor? Could you snap a picture of the hood pop-up spring and its mounting to the hood? I just received my overnight part for the export hood pop-up spring and I want to check against an export Jeep. Below is what I received and I believe this is correct based off diagrams. Thanks in advance.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe 116407953_891846447970496_9096933128483645614_n
Hey Joshua, sorry I missed your post for some reason. If this could be still useful for you - I will do it tomorrow.

Sponsored

The Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0L
Don't think this warrants its own topic but can any UK jeepers tell me if travel information is available on the Nav system?

I cant see owt but it does say something about ' you are not subscribed' but not sure if that is to do with live travel info during a route (would have thought it would work, since if stuck on a motorway it needs to know if any congestion to offer an alternative route).

tatltael

First Name
Suneel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
Hi, just checking in with Euro Wrangler owners if anyone has tried cutting holes in the stock bumper and adding in the US spec tow hooks? Sounds like a cheap and easy way to elevate the looks of the stock bumpers we get.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe IMG_1413 (1)

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020, 2.2L diesel
Hi, just checking in with Euro Wrangler owners if anyone has tried cutting holes in the stock bumper and adding in the US spec tow hooks? Sounds like a cheap and easy way to elevate the looks of the stock bumpers we get.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe IMG_1413 (1)
I have already ordered the Tow Hooks from Ebay along with some brackets that are needed from behind ( from Quadratec ) Yes then I need to cut holes for the hooks. Everything I order these days take forever to arrive. I have no idea when it will arrive, hopefully before Christmas ;-).

Here is my Rubycon with levelling kit and 35 inch BFG. Also waiting for snorkel, side steps, spare tire delete kit along with many other things.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 08.31.04

tatltael

First Name
Suneel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
I have already ordered the Tow Hooks from Ebay along with some brackets that are needed from behind ( from Quadratec ) Yes then I need to cut holes for the hooks. Everything I order these days take forever to arrive. I have no idea when it will arrive, hopefully before Christmas ;-).
Great looking Rubi!

Yes, please do take pictures and show us how it turns out after you cut holes and add the tow hooks. The more pics of each step the better!

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020, 2.2L diesel
Great looking Rubi!

Yes, please do take pictures and show us how it turns out after you cut holes and add the tow hooks. The more pics of each step the better!
Yes I will take some pictures when doing this. I think I´m getting the tow hooks in few days, just got notification from FedEx. But I will also need Front Tow Hook Reinforcement ( https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-tow-hook-reinforcement-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt). You need two on each side.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 19.28.03
, I ordered them from Quadratec along with other things. Many parts from my order are on Backorder , so I´m not sure I can assemble this untill I get the Tow hook Reinforment parts.
Sponsored